E-Form4 information

I’m lucky I can go early during week days. First go was a little buggy.

If it comes back in 90 days I think I’ll have to buy another.
We are a trust he said I could just email him the stuff.
But I spend all my laptop money on cans and scopes so sending a pdf seemed impossible.

fatbacks

WKR
Just got a call from my dealer to come in and verify. Fingers crossed it all goes quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
I been certifying form4's through silencershop now for a couple weeks and honestly it's pretty damn slick. I was not happy with how confusing things appeared to be initially but in practice the e file form4 is simple.

Having to meet up a second time or on the phone with a customer to finish/certify the form4 sucks, I wish the form4 could be initiated and certified on the same visit but silencershop needs to review the form first and I'm not sure they will ever be able to turn them around that fast.

The stated 90 day turn around on approvals is a stated goal of the ATF, we'll see

Frustrating so far for me. Finally able to certify. So called my dealer. Tried to certify over the phone. Page kept crashing. Tried few days. Finally had to make the long trip down to the dealer to certify in person. Unable to because of an error. The dealer called SilencerShop and there appears to be a corrupted encripted file on my info. So SilencerShop has to fix it. So hopefully they can fix it so I can certify and then actually have the waiting begin.

OP
Msowa

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
Did a trust certification tonight for a customer, his attempts to join the session didn’t work on safari browser. Had him download chrome to his desktop, still was t working properly. Had him log out, log back in, I logged out, I shook my left leg and pinched my nose and bam it all magically worked. 5 minutes and two form4’s certified, all the appropriate emails sent too. I wish I could say why it worked. I do think chrome is a better choice then safari but idk for sure.

Individuals/Trusts won’t see the form4 submissions on their e forms account, only dealers have access to those. They definitely should get a payment received email and a form4 submitted email, both from the atf.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
nfa.jpg

Look at this that people who bought from Capitol Armory have to go through. Apparently CA was using the customers' PINs also which is verboten according to the ATF.

I certified as an individual the other day at my Silencer Shop dealer and it took only a few minutes. He said he's had nothing but problems trying to certify people using trusts though. Almost every time they tried to use that live session to certify there has either been problems connecting or the website itself continuously crashed.

Well the race is on. I saw silencer shop had a silencerco harvester Evo in stock. Still waiting on a two or bought last year in late July and August I will see which ones arrive first.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
View attachment 373571

Look at this that people who bought from Capitol Armory have to go through. Apparently CA was using the customers' PINs also which is verboten according to the ATF.

I certified as an individual the other day at my Silencer Shop dealer and it took only a few minutes. He said he's had nothing but problems trying to certify people using trusts though. Almost every time they tried to use that live session to certify there has either been problems connecting or the website itself continuously crashed.
I did both mine individual and had to show up and answer all the questions you do for any firearm transfer. Mine were through silencer shop. Kind of dumb as on paper I can e sign and it’s all good. Only cost me another trip to the dealer though.

Lawnboi

WKR
Well the race is on. I saw silencer shop had a silencerco harvester Evo in stock. Still waiting on a two or bought last year in late July and August I will see which ones arrive first.
The evo seems like a lot of can for the money, especially for a hunter. I’ll take the ugly weld lines over the non removable brake that kept me from buying a harvester initially.

The evo seems like a lot of can for the money, especially for a hunter. I’ll take the ugly weld lines over the non removable brake that kept me from buying a harvester initially.

Yeah it seems like it will be a nice suppressor. I was thinking about picking up another Dead air nomad for the 6 CM I am having built, but the Evo seemed a little more budget friendly.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yeah it seems like it will be a nice suppressor. I was thinking about picking up another Dead air nomad for the 6 CM I am having built, but the Evo seemed a little more budget friendly.
They will sell a boat load of those. Light, not aluminum, 1/2 and 5/8 caps included. Able to handle a 20” 300 win mag, and no aluminum. Had I not had a couple 30 cal cans of the same size I’d be buying one in a heart beat, especially at 599.

Now the weld lines don’t turn me on, I don’t understand how TBAC and dead air can make a tubeless can so clean. A cover would go on it right away anyhow.

ssramage

FNG
Pulled the trigger on my first suppressor last Thursday night. Had to drive an hour on Fri to a SS dealer with a kiosk because the one I'm using locally doesn't have one. Tried ALL day Fri to get in touch with someone at SS to make sure I was following the process correctly, but their phone and chat features suck. I really hope their communication post purchase is improved because I don't see this happening in 90 days otherwise. I'm not holding my breath that it actually happens that fast regardless.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
Pulled the trigger on my first suppressor last Thursday night. Had to drive an hour on Fri to a SS dealer with a kiosk because the one I'm using locally doesn't have one. Tried ALL day Fri to get in touch with someone at SS to make sure I was following the process correctly, but their phone and chat features suck. I really hope their communication post purchase is improved because I don't see this happening in 90 days otherwise. I'm not holding my breath that it actually happens that fast regardless.

I did the same thing about 2 weeks back. The communication from SS is minimal, but then again there doesn't need to be much. It's a very streamlined and simple process on the purchaser's end. You should receive emails when your action is required and it takes no more than a few minutes to complete. You will however need to drive back to your dealer to certify in person if you filed as an individual.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don’t think anyone was ready for the shit storm eforms created. Remember that 90 supposed days is starts when ATF accepts your application, and takes your 200 bucks.

ssramage

FNG
I did the same thing about 2 weeks back. The communication from SS is minimal, but then again there doesn't need to be much. It's a very streamlined and simple process on the purchaser's end. You should receive emails when your action is required and it takes no more than a few minutes to complete. You will however need to drive back to your dealer to certify in person if you filed as an individual.

That's what I found out when I finally got through to someone on their chat. I haven't been through the process before so it's all still a little confusing. I'm sure it's very simple once you've gone through it in total, but I'm a process oriented guy and like to understand things start to finish rather than learning as I go.

I filed through one of their Single Shot Trusts, so I'm not sure how that process works either. It did finally show up on my portal yesterday that my information was in Review with SS.
I don’t think anyone was ready for the shit storm eforms created. Remember that 90 supposed days is starts when ATF accepts your application, and takes your 200 bucks.

It must be because their customer service is swamped. When I finally just decided to sit it out on their chat feature Friday, the que started with 79 people ahead of me... and trying to get through to a live person on the phone was impossible.

Sled

WKR
I would have been nice if they started with those that purchased first.

Sled

WKR
Well it took almost 90 days but I'm finally certified. Now I just need to wait another 90 days and I might get approved.

Well it took almost 90 days but I'm finally certified. Now I just need to wait another 90 days and I might get approved.
Congrats! That’s about the path I’m on. Been waiting to certify but there’s a error with my thing. And getting the “ elite dealer” to communicate with SilencerShop to fix the issue seems to not be happening. Pretty frustrating

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I got lucky with mine. Bought on the 11th and certified on the 14th. January 2022.

Just certified yesterday. Took a little bit, but that was because the Form 3 from the distributer to my dealer took about 3 weeks.
Now that the ATF has my fingerprints and pictures, I think I will probably submit a Form 1 before the ATF makes it illegal to buy the solvent trap kits.