E-Form4 information

ssramage

FNG
How long are you guys typically seeing between signing your e-docs and being ready to certify at your dealer?

Gosh sounds like SS was more trouble then they were worth. I used a local SOT that just does the stuff directly on the atf site. Guess I was his 1st trust so idk for sure if its 100% correct. 🤷‍♂️
We went in person because we do not have a computer good enough to upload anything.

So it took him about and 1.5 to work thru it while chatting and uploading our stuff.
But the certification was instant once we got to that point.

Gosh sounds like SS was more trouble then they were worth. I used a local SOT that just does the stuff directly on the atf site. Guess I was his 1st trust so idk for sure if its 100% correct. 🤷‍♂️
We went in person because we do not have a computer good enough to upload anything.

So it took him about and 1.5 to work thru it while chatting and uploading our stuff.
But the certification was instant once we got to that point.
how did you do your finger prints for the Efile without using the SS kiosk?

fatbacks

WKR
Just got mine verified... took three trips to the dealer. Both ATF and Silencer Shop websites were down first two times.

Sot mailed in paper copies.
Gotcha. So you can do paper copies even with the efile? I was looking for options for using a local dealer without the SS kiosk. I was reading in some other places and it looks like there's a print scan company that you can go to to get a digital (EFT) file of your fingerprints to upload with the efile.

ssramage

FNG
Mine was 2 days.

I assumed it would be pretty quick. I'm on 10 days and finally got through to SS. They said that my can still hasn't been shipped to the dealer so I'm waiting on that and the Form 3 to come back before I can certify. They estimated it would still be a few weeks.

Gotcha. So you can do paper copies even with the efile? I was looking for options for using a local dealer without the SS kiosk. I was reading in some other places and it looks like there's a print scan company that you can go to to get a digital (EFT) file of your fingerprints to upload with the efile.
Sure can.
I'm sure it will add 10 days to your approval but if you're waiting 30 plus on SS guess its a win.

I think anyplace that has the equipment could do e prints for ya. My guy said the machine started at like 5k so he wasn't buying one.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody get approval yet through the eForms? some people should be coming up on 30 days after certifying. just curious on the total wait time since it is supposedly 30 to 90 days.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I believe I'm at 26 days total. Actual business days more around 17.

ID_Matt

WKR
Sure can.
I'm sure it will add 10 days to your approval but if you're waiting 30 plus on SS guess its a win.

I think anyplace that has the equipment could do e prints for ya. My guy said the machine started at like 5k so he wasn't buying one.
I wonder how much mailing in finger prints will change the wait time. 10 days would be no big deal. I have this fear that anything paper is going to go in to a stack 10 feet tall and fall in to the old process.

I wonder how much mailing in finger prints will change the wait time. 10 days would be no big deal. I have this fear that anything paper is going to go in to a stack 10 feet tall and fall in to the old process.
I have a feel so many applied for e forms its not gonna make a difference anyway.

The wait on paper is them getting to your application not the actual 4473 approval.
So unless the computer software is doing something automatically I don't see how there is a savings anyway.
How is a stack of folders on your computer and a stack on your desk any different? Other then the 10 days us mail?

I’m regretting going thru SilencerShop. It’s been nothing but frustrating. Been trying to certify for over a month. Dealer says there’s an error on my page and process is stuck. I call SilencerShop and they say they don’t see the error on their side. They want the dealer to contact them. But The dealer seems pretty unmotivated to help me.

Frustrating deal so far

Last edited:
I’m regretting going thru SilencerShop. It’s been nothing but frustrating. Been trying to certify for over a month. Dealer says there’s and error on my page and they can’t help me. SilencerShop says they don’t see the error on their side. The dealer seems pretty unmotivated to help me.

Frustrating
Can't you just have it transferred to another Sot?
The sot to sot transfer of mine was like a week.

gabenzeke

WKR
I finished my paperwork a little more than a month ago and now it's waiting on silencershop to QA the documents. This is after they initially sold me the wrong trust forms.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a feel so many applied for e forms its not gonna make a difference anyway.

The wait on paper is them getting to your application not the actual 4473 approval.
So unless the computer software is doing something automatically I don't see how there is a savings anyway.
How is a stack of folders on your computer and a stack on your desk any different? Other then the 10 days us mail?

From what I understand, the time savings is going to be in a couple of areas. With a paper application, all of the data has to be entered into the system manually, so someone has a stack of folders on their desk and they have to put all the info in, including scanning pics and fingerprints. Of course, at a government employee's pace, you are talking a max of 10 per day, per person doing the data entry. With e-Forms, it is a simple as a data transfer and all of the eForms submitted that day are put into the background check system, including the fingerprints and photos.
Secondly, the system can be automated to find incorrect or invalid information, and kick them out automatically, rather than a person doing that when entering the information, having to have someone check it and then kicking it out (thereby moving the next one in process up).
Finally, you are removing up to 20 days just because paper doesn't have to travel to and from the SOT and ATF. Removing the USPS is always going to give you back time.
While it may not make it as quick as 90 days, I can see it shaving 2-3 months from the time, which is a very big improvement.

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m regretting going thru SilencerShop. It’s been nothing but frustrating. Been trying to certify for over a month. Dealer says there’s an error on my page and process is stuck. I call SilencerShop and they say they don’t see the error on their side. They want the dealer to contact them. But The dealer seems pretty unmotivated to help me.

Frustrating deal so far
Man your getting hosed. You can always find a new dealer and have it form 3d out. Or do paper.

Paper looks like it’s taking a year right now. Every can I buy makes me more pissed at the atf.

The shop I purchased my suppressor from just had his first e filed form 4 approved. It was 29 days from submission to when he got the approval email. The method was efile form 4 and physically mail in fingerprint card separately, as he is not equipped with a fingerprint scanning kiosk. My dealer believes it went through so fast because this individual had just had a paper form 4 approved in November. My eform 4 was submitted the exact method and dealer as the guy that was approved in 29 days. For me it has now been about 50 days since I submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
The shop I purchased my suppressor from just had his first e filed form 4 approved. It was 29 days from submission to when he got the approval email. The method was efile form 4 and physically mail in fingerprint card separately, as he is not equipped with a fingerprint scanning kiosk. My dealer believes it went through so fast because this individual had just had a paper form 4 approved in November. My eform 4 was submitted the exact method and dealer as the guy that was approved in 29 days. For me it has now been about 50 days since I submitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, don’t get me excited like that!

Between a couple buddies and I we have 5 that went eform. Hopefully things start rolling