Eastern Colorado bucks.

joelbiltz

WKR
I was fortunate to draw a December Rifle Eastern Colorado tag this year. This will be my third DIY hunt in this same Unit. Here are the two bucks I have killed out there. So let’s see your eastern Colorado bucks. Please do not give or ask for units or areas on this thread. Thanks EB7AE141-18A2-4DCE-822B-9EC54FADB758.jpeg088D0728-586A-4C3B-932A-0D4F5015C14D.jpeg

I’m just curious do you have family or friends that own a ranch, or do you pay a trespass fee or do you hunt public? I take no issue with you doing any of those things I guess I’m just curious how attainable a hunt like this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
I’m just curious do you have family or friends that own a ranch, or do you pay a trespass fee or do you hunt public? I take no issue with you doing any of those things I guess I’m just curious how attainable a hunt like this is?
Well I am fortunate to have family on my wife’s side that owns property. They also got me access to more and more. I now have access to approximately 35,000 acres. I even stay with them as well. I am very lucky to have this place to hunt!!

Well I am fortunate to have family on my wife’s side that owns property. They also got me access to more and more. I now have access to approximately 35,000 acres. I even stay with them as well. I am very lucky to have this place to hunt!!

Wow yea that will work, my wife’s side of the family doesn’t own any land anywhere besides their postage stamp lots

RdRdrFan

WKR
6ef99b49f704bbc0a532e7a92284af11.jpg

30a7a826b852e9957a3667a84f299962.jpg

Not the best pics but both from the eastern plains.

Jimss

WKR
Nice bucks guys! Always nice to know someone, have family, or $ to spend guided! There aren't too many options otherwise. I have a feeling that quality of bucks ought to remain fairly stable in Eastern Colo because most is private land and landowners/outfitters only allow so many hunters. Unlike Western Colo that will be likely see dramatic drop in quality of bucks with later season dates plus more tags. Bummer if you hunt public land in Western Colo but good if you have access to eastern plains private land.

WKR
They've managed to shoot down the herd in 103 over the last 5-8 years by issuing hundreds and hundreds of doe tags. It is one of the only units with public access out there and for some reason they decided to reduce the herd numbers dramatically. In units with 100% private land access, I would expect the quality to remain high.

Dirtbag

WKR
They've managed to shoot down the herd in 103 over the last 5-8 years by issuing hundreds and hundreds of doe tags. It is one of the only units with public access out there and for some reason they decided to reduce the herd numbers dramatically. In units with 100% private land access, I would expect the quality to remain high.
They increased tag numbers in that unit because of crop damage issues and a 27% prevalence of CWD in bucks.
Many of the surrounding units have much higher CWD prevalence as well.

Really sad. 10 years ago 103 rivaled southern Iowa. Now I wouldn't burn a point out there.

Last edited:

WKR
They increased tag numbers in that unit because of crop damage issues and a 27% prevalence of CWD in bucks.
Many of the surrounding units have much higher CWD prevalence as well.

Really sad. 10 years ago 103 rivaled southern Iowa. Now I wouldn't burn a point out there.
Definitely not a unit to burn points in these days.