Eastern non meat carrying backpack recs

I’m looking for a pack on a budget. I don’t haul meat as I can drive a fourwheeler to anywhere that I kill a deer. I’d like to overnight once or twice but that would be about the extent of that. I just need something to haul my gear my tripod and my rifle maybe for long hikes. Also I’d rather not spend over 150-200 dollars. If that’s not feasible I can save up. I was looking at the kuiu venture 1800. Any other recommendations? Do you think the you would be a good option? Let me know

Marine FiLBE or an army pack with a suspension upgrade is a heck of a hauler. Used SATL from mystery ranch too. You have to be a shopper, but you can find them fairly cheap from liquidators or on eBay.

if you want to step up to a good brand, mystery ranch updated their frame, so the old frame packs are on clearance. I saw them marked down to $260 (from $400) a while back.

IMO, IF, as you said, you are not needing to haul super heavy loads or pack out an animal, look at the backpacking companies like Osprey/Gregory/Deuter, etc. They make very good packs for what they are designed to do and you can probably get a pack that will serve your needs for less pesos. It might be hard to find a hunter-friendly color, but keep an eye on websites like steepandcheap, and you might find one.

Mystery Ranch- I have a Scapegoat 35 (had it for years) for usage like this and it has been solid. Panel sheet gives it some rigidity. Solid pack.

I have a badlands diablo vt that ive used in that role for a few years now and i love it . It has a lot of pockets to keep your gear organized and has a internal frame that keeps the pack off your back for air flow . The regular price is $289 but discounts can be found , I think I paid around 250 for mine and I don't regret it yet.

KUIU divide series. Wait for the sales. Can be had inexpensively. I got my Divide 2000 for like $160 last year. Can carry a bunch of stuff and has a full load carrying waist belt and stiffener inside. Great pack for the money.

Only pic I have. Carries the spotter fully assembled too. Used it for all of my western hunt scouting last fall.

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 10
I decided to buy one from someone here it’s a Kuiu 2300 I think I’ll really enjoy it and for 125 it’s a pretty solid price I think. I also think it will be more than enough for what I’m needing.

Back