EB Evertherm

Based on reviews and comments on this site, I just picked up an EB Evertherm 2.0 for $120 off their site. Super excited to get it, and give it a go in the sub-zero temps we are having right now. Hoping this will round out my kit nicely.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about grabbing one of these since the price seems very reasonable. Did you get it yet and if so, how do you like it?

OP
Yukon_Jack
I've been watching the price for quite a while, and it's the lowest I've seen it go. I have not gotten it yet. Got the FedEx shipment info on Saturday, but it doesn't give me a date yet. Hoping it's here by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let you know when I get it/test it.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update. I'll probably just order one since I think today is the last day of the sale. Getting this level of insolation for this price is rare, so I figure I can always return if I don't like it. Already have too many puffies, but this checks way more boxes than my others. Thanks for the heads up on the price drop!

NDGuy

WKR
I hated the material and returned it, was an odd fitting jacket for me.

Hope you enjoy it though!

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I'm planning on ordering one too.. Despite it being such a highly praised jacket I had a hard time finding real world reviews from bloggers or forum posts.

OP
Yukon_Jack
Got my jacket yesterday. Thought the fit was good, except for it being a bit short. Going to order a tall version today if they don't have one at the local EB store. At first glance, I'm unsure how it could be warm with how light and thin it feels, but I'm relatively new to the puffy game, and assume that's how it's supposed to be. Hoping to be surprised at the warmth/wind resistance. It did layer perfectly under my Kuiu Axis jacket though, which was one of the things I was looking for, and why I didn't pull the trigger on a puffy puffy.

j33

WKR
I sold my Eddie Bauer Microtherm, had 3.2 oz of 800+ down just wasn't nearly warm enough and I hated how short the torso was but they increased torse length on the 2.0 models. Looks like the Evertherm's are longer than Microtherm and Downlight.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my Eddie Bauer Microtherm, had 3.2 oz of 800+ down just wasn't nearly warm enough and I hated how short the torso was but they increased torse length on the 2.0 models. Looks like the Evertherm's are longer than Microtherm and Downlight.
I had a microtherm as well and felt like it wasn't anything more than a nice sweatshirt. I tore a hole in it last week and they let me take a gift card for the value since they didn't have any of the color I would've replaced it with. So I'm switching to the evertherm. Hoping it's a tad warmer and the windproofness should be a lot better than the micro. The evertherm is listed as being a tad lighter than the micro, so if it performs any better at all I'll be plenty happy.

I've had the 1.0 version for 3-4 years and have been really happy with it. Warmth wise I find it to be pretty good, I can take the dog for a walk down to about 30 with just a t shirt underneath. I wear a large tall in Eddie Bauer cloths and it fits well. It would be a little tight if I tried to put more than a midweight midlayer underneath. For reference I'm 6' 200 pounds with overly long arms. If you can find it at 50% off I think it would be a tough jacket to beat for the price.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine Saturday.. High's of 0 Saturday and -8 Sunday here in Iowa. I'm pretty shocked at how much warmer the Evertherm is than the Microtherm. I wore it on a couple hour shed hunt with a 250 merino base and a light grid fleece. Walking at a good pace through open fields I stayed plenty warm and protected from the wind. In the timber when I slowed down I through a quilted flannel over it for more warmth and brush protection. I had to leave the flannel unbuttoned and the zippers on the coat and fleece down a ways to keep from overheating. It doesn't breath very well (as expected) with my pack and bino harness on I had a couple instances where I started to get clammy feeling. My Large weighs 13.7 oz.

It's been a while but wondering if anyone is still using an Eddie Bauer Evertherm? Also what temps for static and how it compares to any other puffys on the market like kuiu super down or sg grummen or other Eddie Bauer jackets? Hard to compare the evertherm fill to that of other down jackets

Last edited:

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I still use mine. Used it in my CO hunt this past fall with temps as low as high 20's and was perfectly warm as my only insulation and just a peloton 97 as my mid layer. I'd say similar warmth to the other EB puffy but blocks wind/elements way better so feels warmer. No experience with other hunting puffies.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I still use mine too... static temps one is hard to give a number with all the variables that could be at play. For 12 or 14oz it provides good warmth, great wind resistance and packs down to nothing. Sale prices are hard to beat compared to any hunting brand, and they will replace it w/o questions if there is tears or damage.