Eberlestock F1 mainframe sizing

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
To those wondering if you should get the tall size. I am 5’9” and read a lot about people saying get the tall size F1 no matter what because of the load lifters. Well I just tried it on and it is way to big for me. I moved the shoulder straps to the lowest rung and loosened up the load
Lifters. I cannot hold my head straight without bumping the back of my head against the frame. Did get the frame to fit my torso on the last rung but there is no way I can live with what is going on above my shoulders. I am going to send it back and get the regular size and report back on this post.

Last edited:
OP
MT-nuffgun

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
My regular size f1 came in yesterday, I ended up with the shoulder harness on the 2nd to last rung on the bottom of the ladder which afforded me plenty of room on the load lifters (that was a pleasant surprise). I strapped my 60 lbs weights in and headed for the trail head. I hiked the same trail I hike daily with my J34 pack. It was a night and day difference. That same load felt 20lbs lighter with the F1. One disclaimer is I think have a shorter torso the the average 5’9” man.

I’m 5’10” and I run the regular sized f1. Been thinking of having a custom dyneema bag made similar to the vapor 5000 just lighter. What do you run?

OP
MT-nuffgun

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I have not weighed it together, just gone off the website as well, the vapor 2500 weighs a pound and the vapor 5000 weighs 2 pounds along with the regular frame which is 4lbs 5oz. I’m not a big ounce counter I just wanted a pack that carried weight better and was more modular than my j34. So far the F1 is fitting those desires. We will see, the true test will be archery elk next month. That is more of a base camp style hunt so I will just strap my cheap/light Walmart camo backpack to the frame as a day pack. I’m sure that weighs less than a pound.