Elk cartridge decision?

Northof51

FNG
I’ve got a 7mm mag and 7mm-08. The 7RM is accurate with 140gr ttsx and the 7mm-08 is excellent with 140 gr accubond. I’ve got a once in ten year bull tag this fall and am trying to decide which. I picked up some federal ta 155 and the 7rm doesn’t group well with them. Just looking for any advice

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
If you are confident with both guns and the loads are equally accurate either will work just fine. I have a preference for Accubonds and would choose them and do on my rifle hunts.

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a 7mm mag and 7mm-08. The 7RM is accurate with 140gr ttsx and the 7mm-08 is excellent with 140 gr accubond. I’ve got a once in ten year bull tag this fall and am trying to decide which. I picked up some federal ta 155 and the 7rm doesn’t group well with them. Just looking for any advice
I use 7mm RM with Barnes Vor-Tx 160 grain. Got a cow elk, within a tight herd, at 220 yards. One bullet. Dropped instantly.

Prior I shot a 7mm REM and have now past it on to my son. SShot quite a few bulls with a Nosler 160 partition and a 160 AB also will do the job,
The AB is very accurate in that rifle

OP
N

Northof51

FNG
Thanks for the replies, I had found a few boxes of 160 gr partitions 4 hours away for $110 Canadian…I think I’ll stick with what I’ve got. I’ve still have some time to decide and shoot both regularly.

If you don't mind me asking What make / model gun do you have & what kind of grouping did you get with the federal TA's? I'm curious because I bought a box of them to try out. PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks in advance

Both will kill an elk
I would consider rifle geometry. Maximum shot range expected.
in my opinion, The 7 mag with 160 accubonds is bad medicine for elk.