Elk diy packin or drop camp

About to go on a second archery hunt for elk in Colorado. I'm more of a diy hunter, but realize that it takes time to learn to hunt elk on your own. Opinion on aticking to diy or going with an outfitters drop camp. Pros and cons.

Drop camps are a DIY option with everything provided, but it’s in the outfitters spot. Along with intel of the area from the area, pack in and out and usually game retrieval. Plus you don’t need all the extra camp gear. But diy gives you the option to move as you see fit, most outfitters aren’t gonna come in and move you just cause you say there’s no animals. Don’t know how many times I’ve ran into guys that say they can’t find animals and I see them 100 yards from their camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A drop is DIY with support. No down time setting up camp. You get transported along with your gear away from roads. You can kill an elk anywhere even on the last day of your hunt without worrying about getting it packed out. That alone is a good reason for a new hunter to pay for a drop camp. Just do your homework. Research the area and call references. Lots of them.

OP
T
A drop is DIY with support. No down time setting up camp. You get transported along with your gear away from roads. You can kill an elk anywhere even on the last day of your hunt without worrying about getting it packed out. That alone is a good reason for a new hunter to pay for a drop camp. Just do your homework. Research the area and call references. Lots of them.
Thanks for the info.

custis

FNG
We’ve done both and the only drawback to a drop camp is it has to be at the outfitter’s spot….