Which app (GoHUnt, Huntin Fool, Toprut, Epic ...) mostly for draw odds/success rate/harvest stats?

As a foreign bowhunter (from Europe) I don't plan to do any real DIY elk hunt, but I'd rather use outfitters for drop camp hunts.
I am spending a LOT of time (probably way too much time wasted) online, trying to learn about the numerous GMU's of Colorado, whether they are now still OTC or draw, how many points are needed, the elk herd state (after winter kills or other issues), etc.
I can find some free data on some of these sites, but these data are usually outdated (few years old) since the updated and freshest data are for paying members only.
I am willing to subscribe and pay a membership for one of these apps, but I am having a hard time deciding which one to use.

Unlike many of you who use them mostly to plan your future DIY hunts, for me it would be mostly to select units/gmus, and then search for outfitters offering drop camps in these units.

Which site/app would you recommend in my case, if any?

If you are coming all that way, why in the world would you pick Colorado? Between the massive hunters, the changes in licensing system, the wolves, you might be wise to look at some other states. I’d hate for you to come to the United States and think that that’s what the hunting is like here.

Those companies can only give you statistics. Numbers. You won’t get other information like you mentioned above. Winterkill. Other factors that can have effects on the current condition of hunting. I think you’re better off doing your own research and asking questions on here than paying for it. What year do you think you might be coming here to Hunt?

Last edited:
OP
Snow Panther
If you are coming all that way, why in the world would you pick Colorado? Between the massive hunters, the changes in licensing system, the wolves, you might be wise to look at some other states. I’d hate for you to come to the United States and think that that’s what the hunting is like here.

Those companies can only give you statistics. Numbers. You won’t get other information like you mentioned above. Winterkill. Other factors that can have effects on the current condition of hunting. I think you’re better off doing your own research and asking questions on here than paying for it. What year do you think you might be coming here to Hunt?
Well, I hunted Colorado twice before, in September 2022 and 2023. Both times I did a guided hunt on private land, in a OTC unit. And I am going there for the third time this coming September.
But I would like to try something different, hunting in a wilderness or higher country, unguided, etc.

Last year I also purchased my first point in Wyoming. I will buy a second one this year.
In Colorado, I have 3 points and about to purchase a 4th one (I saved them, since I hunted twice in an OTC unit).

I think that Utah still has some OTC units, but I am not familiar at all with their licensing system.

Which states would you have in mind? Montana looks great, but I don't know how their new licensing works either.
Also, I must admit I am afraid of grizzlies, lol

Well, I hunted Colorado twice before, in September 2022 and 2023. Both times I did a guided hunt on private land, in a OTC unit. And I am going there for the third time this coming September.
But I would like to try something different, hunting in a wilderness or higher country, unguided, etc.

Last year I also purchased my first point in Wyoming. I will buy a second one this year.
In Colorado, I have 3 points and about to purchase a 4th one (I saved them, since I hunted twice in an OTC unit).

I think that Utah still has some OTC units, but I am not familiar at all with their licensing system.

Which states would you have in mind? Montana looks great, but I don't know how their new licensing works either.
Also, I must admit I am afraid of grizzlies, lol
Regardless of what state you hunt, you will find the difference between public and private land like night and day. Nowhere is this more true than Colorado. I would keep doing what you’re doing. Buy your Wyoming points and look at Montana. We are all afraid of grizzlies. Well, most of us anyway. There is plenty of country out there, where you do not have to worry about that. Tons!