Elk hind quarter

Marble

WKR
I grind a lot of it, but make some roasts. I usually use a Crock pot.

Lately I've made a fairly spicy curry sauce with coconut milk to add to it when I serve it. Everyone that's eaten just loves it.

Simple ingredients. Garlic, onion, carrot, potatoes and celery.

Don't let it get dry...

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I don't actually ever steak anything... too hard to get the internal temperature the way I want them... they usually end up overcooked. I cut them into maybe 3" thick roasts (give or take) and marinate them in say 1-2lb chunks and bbq the whole roast. That way I can get the inside nice and medium rare, with the crust on the outside. I just have bad luck with steaks and they always end up overcooked. Also, I always have the OPTION to steak-out a roast when I eat it, if I choose to (which I really never do). I also do a lot of cubing these up for long-cooked stews. Hank Shaw has a Spanish Chilandron Stew, which I find to be really good with large chunks of elk stew meat.

I cut the hamstring muscles into round steaks. The top round turns into roasts. The rump turns ito roasts after I peel them off the pelvis. The rest turns into hamburger.

Everything up from the pelvis is turned into steaks and are carved off the spine. I cut my steaks about 3/4 to 1" thick.