Elk Hunting Book Recs

Any recommendations on elk hunting books to get the juices flowing/help scratch the itch during these last couple weeks before season? I’ve read “Low Elevation Hot Spots”, “Becoming a Backpack Hunter”, and several other general western hunting and muley books. Bonus if I can get it on kindle so I don’t have to wait for it to ship.

Jaquomo

WKR
Dwight Schuh's classic "Bugling For Elk" is a bit outdated with the tactics, but still a great read. "Elk Hunting in the Northern Rockies" is also a good one to get thr juices flowing.

Loper

WKR
I’m currently reading Elk and Elk Hunting by Hartt Wixom. I think it was written in the 80’s but so much of it still applicable.

I’m also reading Elk Hunting Secrets that is a compilation of member tips that was published by RMEF years back. It’s an easy read and I read a few pages each day while sitting in the throne.

Attachments

• E2CD0AAB-DC67-4559-9434-716A3315F8B1.jpeg
    E2CD0AAB-DC67-4559-9434-716A3315F8B1.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 14
If you're a member of RMEF, you can login and go back and find old "Bugle" magazines to download or print. If you're not looking specifically for modern hunting techniques, stories, etc., Teddy Roosevelt's Wilderness Hunter is great.