Ending trapping

bsnedeker

WKR
BHA's focus is on protecting public lands, not for hunting rights. Although I left BHA for different reasons, a mission statement is very concise and helps focus your tractor beam on one part of the machine...like public land access. If they protect hunter's rights along the way great, but hopefully you see the logic in this reason. Can't rely on a group for individual rights.

In the end I believe it'll come down to individuals protecting their own right to hunt, armed to the hilt and fiercely guarded. Or it might be that I'm only speaking for myself.

Lol...so a group that calls itself Backcountry HUNTERS and Anglers doesn't care about hunting rights and you are cool with that because if you dig deep on their website and find their mission statement they tell you this?

I honestly don't have anything against BHA personally, but that is pretty weak in my opinion. If they aren't going to advocate for hunting rights they should take the word Hunting out of their name. It would be an honest representation of the groups focus...today that is not the case.

Hoodie

WKR
Lol...so a group that calls itself Backcountry HUNTERS and Anglers doesn't care about hunting rights and you are cool with that because if you dig deep on their website and find their mission statement they tell you this?

I honestly don't have anything against BHA personally, but that is pretty weak in my opinion. If they aren't going to advocate for hunting rights they should take the word Hunting out of their name. It would be an honest representation of the groups focus...today that is not the case.

Did you read the thread?

TLDR: BHA vocally opposed the trapping bill. RMEF and MDF didn´t bother to mention it. The exact same thing happened with the CA black bear hunting ban last month. BHA was vocal in their opposition. MDF didn´t mention it. RMEF only brought it up after the bill had already been tabled thanks to outreach efforts by other organizations.

Yet every time something like this comes up, people never fail to talk about how my BHA dues are contributing to the end of hunting/fishing/whatever as we know it. They always say to contribute to RMEF and MDF.

Which I do. But thereś not even a remotely strong argument at this point that the other two organizations are more vocal in their opposition to anti-sportsmen legislation.

They´ve had two chances this year alone and it´s been crickets from them.

Iĺl keep paying my $35.

bsnedeker

WKR
Did you read the thread?

TLDR: BHA vocally opposed the trapping bill. RMEF and MDF didn´t bother to mention it. The exact same thing happened with the CA black bear hunting ban last month. BHA was vocal in their opposition. MDF didn´t mention it. RMEF only brought it up after the bill had already been tabled thanks to outreach efforts by other organizations.

Yet every time something like this comes up, people never fail to talk about how my BHA dues are contributing to the end of hunting/fishing/whatever as we know it. They always say to contribute to RMEF and MDF.

Which I do. But thereś not even a remotely strong argument at this point that the other two organizations are more vocal in their opposition to anti-sportsmen legislation.

They´ve had two chances this year alone and it´s been crickets from them.

Iĺl keep paying my $35.
I was commenting strictly on the idea that BHA isn't a hunter's rights organization. I find it very amusing that someone here is trying to justify why a group that has Hunting in the name doesn't support hunting rights.

FYI I did read the thread and I saw that a lot of LOCAL chapters of BHA were vocal...didn't see anything about the national organization saying anything about it (maybe I missed it), which is the typical BHA playbook. The local guys actually care about hunting rights, the national org doesn't.

Like I said, I have nothing against BHA personally. I tend to disagree with them more than I agree with them when we start to drill into specifics which is why I don't give them my money, but I don't buy into the "green decoy" narrative either.

BuzzH

WKR
I was commenting strictly on the idea that BHA isn't a hunter's rights organization. I find it very amusing that someone here is trying to justify why a group that has Hunting in the name doesn't support hunting rights.

FYI I did read the thread and I saw that a lot of LOCAL chapters of BHA were vocal...didn't see anything about the national organization saying anything about it (maybe I missed it), which is the typical BHA playbook. The local guys actually care about hunting rights, the national org doesn't.

Like I said, I have nothing against BHA personally. I tend to disagree with them more than I agree with them when we start to drill into specifics which is why I don't give them my money, but I don't buy into the "green decoy" narrative either.
It was one person's opinion....not the facts of what happens.

You seem to address that with the rest of your post, the local Chapters do support hunting issues in the States they represent. I don't want the National Board of any organization to be overly involved in local issues, that's what the Chapters are for. The Chapters have the best local knowledge and ability to address issues in their States.

Another BHA punching bag thread.
I hope some of you that are on the fence pay attention to this thread.
BHA actively fought this in NM. ACTIVELY.
For some reason some Rokslide members choose to ignore that fact and spread lies about their/our stance on these issues. I feel it's the same crowd that would assume I'm anti 2nd amendment because I drive a Toyota with a ski rack on it. Come on fellas, do your homework. You can't just make shit up anymore. Fact checking is too easy.

Errrrr.... Pint nights are stupid.

Agreed but let's stick to the facts..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
Sad the bill was whole hog or die, based on a foot hold. The could have left it legal to use dog proofs. As the turkey population has declined in some southern states, many hunters are setting out dog proof traps to catch the turkey nest raiding raccoons. Not for money from fur, they solely want to see more turkey nest hatch.

Rokbar

WKR
I would encourage you all to look into joining your state trapping associations. Or go look into the NTA. Trapping is one of the oldest professions in America. A lot of hunters are against trapping for they believe their pedigree dog will get all crippled up in a dangerous trap. Far, far far from the truth. Seriously, take a minute and look into your states trapping organization. Mostly a great group of guys and gals.

pirogue

WKR
I would encourage you all to look into joining your state trapping associations. Or go look into the NTA. Trapping is one of the oldest professions in America. A lot of hunters are against trapping for they believe their pedigree dog will get all crippled up in a dangerous trap. Far, far far from the truth. Seriously, take a minute and look into your states trapping organization. Mostly a great group of guys and gals.
They must be a drugstore hunter to not know about a trap called a dog proof. Their dog ain’t getting crippled up in a DP, and we’ll have more turkeys.20348139-D8B3-4BE1-81DF-9BFE9F8FC42D.jpeg

Outlaw99

WKR

I would encourage you all to also join your states trapping associations and also consider states that are having legal issues on the board like Montana. I also always support idaho, not because there’s pending legislation threatening trapping, but rather because they have their shit together when it comes to predator management and I’d like to see it continue and other states model their efforts after Idaho.

As far as the NTA.....I’d rather see you support your state associations or the FurTakers association (FTA). NTA and NRA have a lot in common....

Liberal politicians see that the only people that fight back are the likes of BLM, LBGQT, illegals the rest of us get walked on all over and don’t do a thing about it. Liberals know it and are taking advantage of it. I never thought I’d see a day trapping would be illegal in big, wide open NM.
You hit it on head. We need to get up on the soap boxes and start complaining. We have to act like the very people we hate.

Less trapped coons and foxes and such = less turkey, quail, pheasant, ducks, etc.

Maybe just kill em and leave em lay? Save a turkey, shoot a bobcat or raccoon or possum or skunk?

Sure, if you can regularly see a coon, fox, and bobcat regularly during normal hours....

Just a heads up most of your house representatives react to just 10 phone calls. So call them. If you dont live in NM say you are drawn there as a tourist but will go elsewhere. Fight back by calling and sounding like a reasonable human being who is depressed because of the false image people paint of them. And also your a trans non-white person (no offense trans non-white people).

BuzzH

WKR
Maybe they were busy trying to get WY to share some of that interest they are making by holding our application money for 4+ months.
Do you have a good address?

I found 12 cents that fell under the seat of my car when I went to vacuum it yesterday, should be more than enough to compensate you for all you're out in interest to the GF.

I'll not even charge you for the stamp and envelope so you won't cry about that too.

Brooks

WKR
The bill passed the Senate by a vote of 23-16. The bill passed the House by a vote of 35-34.
Now it’s up to the Governor to sign it or veto it.

pirogue

WKR
Do you have a good address?

I found 12 cents that fell under the seat of my car when I went to vacuum it yesterday, should be more than enough to compensate you for all you're out in interest to the GF.

I'll not even charge you for the stamp and envelope so you won't cry about that too.
Form past posts, seems like this is Coming from a WY resident, siding with the commission, more interested in satisfying WyOGA, than NR applicants.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey bro, I'm not claiming BHA doesn't care about hunting rights. What I'm saying is mission statements are the engine behind business and organization success. BHA is advocating (by their efforts) for rights to keep public lands in public hands. They dont care if you are a hunter or angler as long as their efforts support the protection and rights of public land owners' access to public wild lands for access to our choice of recreation.

It's like a whore who wears lipstick and a camo thong at a hunting and fishing convention. She'll get the attention she needs from the marketing she presents, and everyone involved has a happy ending. If that's too much visual, tone it down to your own perception of the how the world works.

I'm a life member of BHA and served as the Alaska Chair for a good stent, and did some quality work to save our rights to hunt Alaska's public lands. No beef with the Org as a whole, just the politics make me sick to my stomach where the path meets the pavement. Perhaps with all organizations...because I'm a soldier at heart not a politician. But we need 'em and it's smart to support groups who do good work for the whole of your manifest destiny.

lb