Enlightened Equipment?

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Decided to give running a down quilt a try for the first time. Anyone have any luck with Enlightened Equipment?

I’m a fan of the convert quilts they make. I have two, one in down and one is synthetic. Both are 30°. They zip together so that’s a bonus. I also have two torrid jackets and a pair of their booties.

Went with the 0 degree enigma - no regrets. Use it all throughout the year in CO and love it. Should have gone to a quilt earlier. Next step is trying some of their pants/jackets.

vladkgb

FNG
I have an enigma down and recently got a synthetic apex quilt. The enigma is awesome, super light and warm, has a built in foot box, the apex can be converted to a blanket or cinched into a closed foot box. I like the idea of a synthetic bag, for the hunting I do, and the weight increase was negligible over the down. I'm going to carry the apex this season and have the enigma down as a backup.

I have an apex convert and a few hiking Parnters with their gear. No issues what so ever. I would say they are a supper solid company.

a couple of notes on the convert:

- it’s bulkier than I hoped for a 30* rating.
- their sizing is based on the unfilled blank shell. My final product came in 3-4” shorter than the listed size. I think they fixed this on their site.
- zipper was a little less beefy than I expected but has worked fine.

Despite these, overall, I am very happy with my convert.

final note of caution, quilt sleeping takes some effort and technique. you ll know after a trip or two if it is for you. FWIW I like the freedom of movement and lay my bag or quilt on top of me in moderate temps but I tend to prefer a traditional mummy when it gets below freezing. Good luck.

JWM

FNG
I am selling a 20 and 30 degree revelation in the classified section of your interested.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I have the down EE Convert 0 deg in a long and wide and it fits to my liking. I'm 5'9" and ~200 lbs for reference. I do not like a tight fitting, mummy bag. I used it in the winter twice, but it only got to about 25F, so not that great of a test for the lower temp rating. I plan on using it in late August-September the most and figure it will work as a blanket if it's warmer or a sleeping bag if it's cold.

You can ge the sinthetic fill at lower temps than listed on the website, just give them a call. Be mindful of lead time on custom orders though.

The jackets are really nice. I have a torrid puffy that’s black and I’ve used it in Alaska on a couple of sheep hunts. Sheds water nicely and I’ve always been warm and dry. I have a blaze orange torrid pullover for hunting in the lower 48 and I’ve used it extensively this past season hunting in Colorado and South Dakota. I was rather impressed with how warm I was, despite the temps outside-specifically in SD during December.

I will say the zippers are my biggest concern, I would like them to be more beefier.

OP
westonhoma

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Rest appreciate on the feedback! I’m excited. Going with 30 deg
I am selling a 20 and 30 degree revelation in the classified section of your interested.
Appreciate it but I am on the shorter side so i may get that size. Dont want extra space in the bag if not needed

OP
westonhoma

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feeback guys! Lots of good stuff so thats good to hear. I am going to give EE a try. I went with 30 deg Rev. I do a lot of summer backpacking and will have this in case i do finally make it out for real early backcountry hunt or scouting trips. Any other hunts beyond that time frame espeically longer ones i like to run synthetic anyway and my 20 deg marmot hasnt let me down yet. Excited to add this to my toolkit!

I had a Revelation quilt that I used for one trip and promptly sold. It was well made, but I froze my ass off. Might be more a technique thing on my end, but quilt sleeping wasn’t for me and I went back to a bag.