Europe stocking up on ammo

TaperPin

WKR
The last few weeks we’ve heard Berger Bullets say their head company (who has a lot of defense contracts in Europe) anticipates component shortages of their brass, bullets and powder in the US to last “A very long time”.

Now, news of a leaked document from Russia is out that might account for some of the anticipated demand. It’s probably nothing, but interesting nonetheless. Joe Bloggs isn’t usually a conspiracy nut, mostly an economist, so I found it surprising.

Mojave

WKR
Lapua owns Berger, and Finland is on the Russian border. So yes!

OP
TaperPin

TaperPin

WKR
Russia can't breakthrough the Donbas region. How do they plan to invade a NATO country?
That plan wasn’t to invade all of Poland, just a little sparsely populated sliver hoping nobody wants to escalate the situation for what is essentially a road right of way.

t_carlson

WKR
Russia probably will invade Poland. About the same time that China invades Taiwan, Iran and its proxies launch a big offensive in the mideast, and a civil war breaks out in the U.S.

This is Europe's fight, not ours.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Unfortunately like it or not if a country invaded a nato member it very much is ours.

We started it, and we are the only member to invoke article 5.
Just glad Europe would protect us if we got invaded with their giant expansive armies… oh wait… the UK still has some man power but enlarge Europe has been suckling at the U.S. military teet for way too long!

Mojave

WKR
I don't know about anyone else. The UK only has something like 28,000 total troops.

We have that on many single bases.

We had Norwegian military deployed with us in Afghanistan. If they had 8000 troops I would be shocked.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I don't know about anyone else. The UK only has something like 28,000 total troops.

We have that on many single bases.

We had Norwegian military deployed with us in Afghanistan. If they had 8000 troops I would be shocked.
UK strength lies in the navy/airforce. Lots of nato countries sent small contingents to AFG, but realistically they enjoy spending little to nothing on national defense and just let the USA take care of them, pretty nice place to be in. PS. Founding fathers warned us about Europes bullshit, we should have done a better job listening… yes I get it WW2 was most likely inevitable… WW1 eh could have sat that shit show out and been fine