European CIC score to SCI points

So European stag are scored and priced either by weight of skull and antlers, or by CIC score. I’m trying to figure out about what various CIC scores would equate to in SCI points. I’m looking at 180 and 190 CIC stag. Any help would be appreciated.

Suera

FNG
You can find both, but usually the trophies are classified with CIC points that is the system we use in Europe. Over 180 CIC points is gold medal that is a very good stag.
Usually CIC system take more in count the lengths, thicknesses, weights, but adds subjective evaluations related to the antlers such as beauty, homogeneity, color, skull weight and penalties
SCI leaving aside subjective parameters such as color, beauty, homogeneity and pearliness among others. Furthermore, it is worth highlighting the elimination of scoring by skull weight, measures horns, not bones.
Both are different system don't exist a table that you can compare.

OP
P
You can find both, but usually the trophies are classified with CIC points that is the system we use in Europe. Over 180 CIC points is gold medal that is a very good stag.
Usually CIC system take more in count the lengths, thicknesses, weights, but adds subjective evaluations related to the antlers such as beauty, homogeneity, color, skull weight and penalties
SCI leaving aside subjective parameters such as color, beauty, homogeneity and pearliness among others. Furthermore, it is worth highlighting the elimination of scoring by skull weight, measures horns, not bones.
Both are different system don't exist a table that you can compare.
I’ll be after a 200 CIC. We’ll see how it goes. In speaking with the operator, he said you could basically compare it to a 330 to 340 SCI. Hoping for a gold medal in N of Croatia. My research indicates that 180 CIC is average to high bronze. It’s also my understanding the different regions of Europe have different threshold to achieve each medal class.

Last edited:

Suera

FNG
Like I said you it not the same it can be said that CIC system is more complete than SCI.
North Croatia has very good stags and the people is very kindly. You will love the country, only be sure that is free range and genetics are not modified although maybe for you this is not important.

OP
P
Like I said you it not the same it can be said that CIC system is more complete than SCI.
North Croatia has very good stags and the people is very kindly. You will love the country, only be sure that is free range and genetics are not modified although maybe for you this is not important.
I’m not sure we are communicating well regarding CIC vs SCI. I’m not advocating that one is superior to other. Having spoken with a few order Europeans, it became my understanding that 200 CIC should equate to roughly 330 SCI.

Aside from that… this will be a native herd stag with no fence and no genetic modifications. That was very important to me…. Hence the trip to Europe and not NZ or Argentina. Argentina certainly would be the easiest and cheapest if I was just after antler. ;-)