Can You Show Some Bucks With Known Scores?

bigmoose

WKR
What do you guys think about this one ?

IMG_1430sa.jpgIMG_1431sa.jpgIMG_1435.jpg

I found this Nevada buck in a flat with cedars and sage. It was tough to get a clear view of him because he was with 4 other bucks and they were feeding through the trees. I told my buddy I thought he was a 170 buck. My friend had never taken one this big and he made a good 150 yard shot. When we scored him back at camp he only went 168. I think he was disappointed that the buck didn't go over 170 but still, it is the biggest buck he's ever shot.

ColoradoV

WKR
Because there is no snow and the ski areas are crowded 🤦🏼‍♂️= I figured I would add a big one to guess at..

Local buck from 25+ years ago and one of my favorites.. 32.5” wide and a beer can for perspective…. Hard to believe w the crap management choices Co has made well it is fair to say hunters in this day and age might never see a buck like this on the hoof.. How things change…

View attachment 647581View attachment 647582View attachment 647583
Been busy w the family and chasing big lakers through the ice.

216 gross.. I have to look at or pull it down and do the mass measurements to see his mass as I just don’t remember.

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
So far I’ve only had 1 really to judge. I’d guess around 140?

He is cool with the sticker but I passed him. Still the biggest I’ve seen so far. Few days left though

IMG_1940.png

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Currently freezing to death trying to find one I got a glimpse of this morning… climbed up to where he was but nothing so far. Now just sitting…. 🥶

I tuned my spotter to see same area as binoculars but had to adjust height because it was angled and never found him again. @Travis Hobbs might be onto something
With the straight spotter…

Currently freezing to death trying to find one I got a glimpse of this morning… climbed up to where he was but nothing so far. Now just sitting…. 🥶

I tuned my spotter to see same area as binoculars but had to adjust height because it was angled and never found him again. @Travis Hobbs might be onto something
With the straight spotter…

It’s a giant deal man! Quick transitions from binos to spotter are key for me, especially in the thick stuff, and they always seem to be in the thick🤣

Riplip

WKR
Any thoughts on this guy? Very little experience with measuring/estimating.

Attachments

• Muley.jpg
    Muley.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Any thoughts on this guy? Very little experience with measuring/estimating.

I'd guess in the neighborhood of 160? But others are much more experienced than me if you can get someone else to give a better opinion.

--
Update -

Thanks to everyone who posted pics and info in this thread. It was very helpful!!

Wrapped up my hunt without taking a buck. I passed a shot opportunity on the one I posted pics of above and also a few forks (the one that was 100 yards from the jeep was tempting though lol). Later in the hunt I had a quick look at one buck that was bigger than the pics I posted but could never get a better look nor turn him up to verify or get a shot opportunity. I had a deer tag in September that I wanted to take a nice buck on, but ended up taking the first legal buck I saw so I could get back to elk hunting and I regretted that later. This hunt I stuck with the goal through the end and while I ate the tag I don't have any regrets on it.

183 gross / 181 net

I scored this myself at home so take that for what it's worth. Watching this buck for several minutes prior to shooting I did not see it as a 180 class deer. I think it scores well due to really good symmetry all around, decent mass, and 4 inch brow tines.

Screenshot_20240207-093658.pngScreenshot_20240207-094118.png