Everyday pant recommendations

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve been wearing Kuhl renegade pants for years and I’m wanting to change it up so I went to Eddie Bauer to try on their guide pants. Their 30s were too small and the 32s were way too big. I’m not trying to be picky BUT it seemed like it wasn’t just a 2” difference.

What is everyone wearing for their everyday pants? I think I’m going to pick up a set of first lite corrugates and possible the new Sitka pants coming out but I’m wanting to expand my horizons. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much money do you want to spend? My favorite everyday pants are prana zion, older Costco pants, and then the EB guides. If I could I’d also try the Kuiu Tiburons and new Sitka ascents. Good luck!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
How much money do you want to spend? My favorite everyday pants are prana zion, older Costco pants, and then the EB guides. If I could I’d also try the Kuiu Tiburons and new Sitka ascents. Good luck!

Fit and function is more of a concern over money.

kipper09

WKR
Arborwear canopy pants are my favorite pant to wear everyday. They fit me better than any other pant. And they are pretty dang tough

NDGuy

WKR
First Lite Corrugates on the spendy side, Prana Zion/EB Guide Pants on the mid side, or Costco has a knock off EB Guide pant that is nearly the same for $20.

Squirrels

WKR
EB Horizon Guide Chinos or Prana Brions. From your descripstion you aren't a large guy, like myself, and I have found that they two I mentioned fit much better than the Prana Zion and EB Guide Pro pant. The two I mentioned are not skinny pants as some people like to think, unless you are a large guy. Buy pants built for your body type regardless of what fit guides tell you or what others opinions are.

K

Kootenay Hunter

levi's jeans.... fit is usually more generous, several fit styles to accommodate most.

Prana zions. I find them on sale. If you are a vet/law enforcement/public service, GovX usually has them pretty cheap. I got my last pair for $38 with points. Typically around $60. My other pair was purchased with REI points. Think they are mid 80's there.

brjacks

FNG
I find myself wearing my Carhartt Cryder 2.0s more than anything. Bought them for Pheasant/MD hunting in Sask and it’s embarrassing how much I wear them. I have thicker legs from playing hockey my whole life and they fit like a dream. I’m looking to get another pair in a different color and I see they have a lined version as well. The pockets are very streamlined and you don’t notice them unless you’re looking. The one thing I’m not crazy about is the flaps on the back pockets.

TBHasler

WKR
Check into Kuhl pants called "Radikal" - I wear these from business casual (with loafers) to casual to camping/hiking/scouting. Though I wouldn't necessarily hunt in them, they can handle everything else - everyday.
Can be had on sale down to $60-$65, but are normally $89 full retail. They are articulated, 4 way stretch and use a fabric called Rhinotek, which is amazingly wind resistant and sheds light rains. Dries super fast.
Each to their own I know, but i wear prana zions, prana brion's, OR, other Kuhl pants and these are my favorites that can do everything super comfortably up to hard outdoors hunting. (I'm not affiliated with any clothing mfg, just really like these britches)

ZachB

Lil-Rokslider
I hover around the 30-32 range in pants as well. I wore a pair of Kuhl REVOLVR's in Israel for about 2 weeks and put them through the works and they were great. The 30's fit okay but I opted for the 32's for some breathing room as the 30's were a little too slim for my liking.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
You can find the Zions on Amazon all the time for $40-$60 on sale, I like them but I still like the Renegades better for warmer weather. Corrugates are super nice and comfy pants and I really like the Obsidians too. Really want to try a pair of the new De Havilland pants from SG, they look dreamy. Not a fan of the Territory pants from Sitka but the solid Ascents are a staple during the summer. I've heard good things on the Sitka Back forty pants, I'll probably buy a pair, functionality wise they remind me of the Renegades but probably a little heavier.

Basically I'm no help whatsoever... Good Luck!

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Propper summerweight tactical pants. I had to order a size up though. They are a lightweight, stretchy type of hiking pant with loads of pockets.