Excel spreadsheet for Hunt Apps

Mcribs

FNG
Hey just wondering if anyone has a good template for tracking application strategy over the years by state/date of hunt. Just finding myself a little all over the place with my thoughts, and dates of upcoming hunts.

Just looking for org ideas not the actual strategy.

Thanks!

FlyGuy

WKR
That’s a good thought, it never occurred to me to use excel. I have notes scattered in about 5 different places, though most of the important stuff I’ve managed to not write down and then forgot. GoHUNT has a feature now to save some unit info and you can add notes; so if you use them for apps the feature helps.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Uh
I have one if you message me your email I’ll share. Tracks license, app, & tag costs plus refunds. Due dates, strategy and actual applications.

Yes I’m a nerd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you care to share with the computer illiterate?

DanimalW

WKR
I just set reminder dates in my outlook calendar to buy points, apply, etc for each season. Have my customer numbers, login info etc saved in the notes. Makes it pretty easy if you set it it up and they don’t change things

Subliminal1

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting partner and I have created a file.. multiple species, multiple states, with A LOT of different things being tracked, license, preference point, bonus point, cost, app date, point date, estimated draw time, otc units, links to every states FG site, etc... we found this way to be more useful then most other tools and yes it is overkill in a sense. But you do start to learn the nuances for each state!

OP
M

Mcribs

FNG
I went off the deep on this year and did a full Power BI dashboard, probably should just spend more time scouting but that’s what happens when the work day is slow
That’s pretty awesome

OP
M

Mcribs

FNG
I have one if you message me your email I’ll share. Tracks license, app, & tag costs plus refunds. Due dates, strategy and actual applications.

Yes I’m a nerd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can’t message cause I’m FNG, any way you could fire a message my way and I’ll reply with my email? Thanks!

CMF

WKR
I use one for tracking states, hunts, and app deadlines and another for tracking applied hunts.
I saw huntin fool has a type of hunt planner that can save all of your customer ID

1708095134799.png

1708095186969.png

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
There are a couple other posts on here on this topic. The consensus is start building what you think works for you. Below is pretty much what I do as well.

Hunting partner and I have created a file.. multiple species, multiple states, with A LOT of different things being tracked, license, preference point, bonus point, cost, app date, point date, estimated draw time, otc units, links to every states FG site, etc... we found this way to be more useful then most other tools and yes it is overkill in a sense. But you do start to learn the nuances for each state!

I prefer Word as the primary. Linking/ embedding Excel charts. Currently I am at 39 pages for 6 states- With lots of pictures. & my preferred hunt choices for each state & species.