EXO K2 frame and 2000 pack videos are up!

ScottinPA

WKR
My understanding is the meat shelf can still be used but has been replaced by the crib. Crib and be put on the frame with the pack without interfering with the pack.

svivian

WKR
From what I understand from listening to the pod cast. The beaver tail is now obsolete and is replaced by the crib.

BWG13

Lil-Rokslider
The beaver tail is still available on the website, but the meat shelf has been taken off. Am I understanding correct that the Crib can be used like the meat shelf with the bag still on the frame? If so, I may have to pick up a Crib and a 2000 coup bag... I really like the layout of the new bag. Wonder if the bag, Crib, and lid can all be used together and have enough connection/ attachment points???

choovhntr

WKR
Am I missing something, or is the new crib going to be a problem as a beavertail when utilizing the snow color on the 5500 bag? it seems the top straps aren't long enough to go up and over the snow collar when it is extended. If they are long enough, it seems like it would be a pain to constantly move them out of the way to get into the main bag. The only thing I am thinking is the g hooks would attach to the lids lower tabs behind the buckle, which would be pretty cumbersome to get on and off. Anyone have any info on this?

choovhntr

WKR
The beaver tail is still available on the website, but the meat shelf has been taken off. Am I understanding correct that the Crib can be used like the meat shelf with the bag still on the frame? If so, I may have to pick up a Crib and a 2000 coup bag... I really like the layout of the new bag. Wonder if the bag, Crib, and lid can all be used together and have enough connection/ attachment points???

It is my understanding that you can. That is why there is a second strap attachment point on the sides of the 2000 bag. I am really liking the idea of the daypack with a lid as well.

BWG13

Lil-Rokslider

BWG13

Lil-Rokslider
After watching some more videos on EXO's website...anyone interested in buying a 2015 Coyote Brown 3500 that was used for one shed hunting hike??? :cool:

Yes crib can be used behind bag or in front. Either way. Should be really nice.

Sorry for the delay posting on here guys, been hard enough to just to keep up with emails and phone calls. I'll do my best to answer all the questions I saw, some have already been answered but I'll go through them again.

All of our bags from 2014 to now will interchange on any frame, we haven't changed any of the attachment points or buckles. The new K² frame tapers on the same angle from top to bottom but the actual dimension is still 8" at the bottom which has always been the same.

The Lumbar pad on the K² frame isn't interchangeable to the new frame, its a sewn on piece to the frame panel.

You can run a lid on the 2000 bag, we don't have them on the website but if you email me I can sell one for $35. Personally we don't really like running the lid as it blocks access to the hidden lid pocket and creates one more step to use the roll top easily. We really focus on keeping things simple / clean and easy to access as much as possible.

The 2000 bag does come with the meat shelf attachment points so anyone buying a bag only who has a 2015 or prior pack can still use the meat shelf they already have.

The Crib is our new accessory that replaces both the meat shelf and Load panel in our lineup. Its a lot simpler to use and much more versatile than just the meat shelf was. The straps are plenty long to carry some really large loads as well as wrap around the bag and over the snow collar as a beaver-tail.

You can use a Crib with the 2015 Skeleton frame but that frame wasn't really designed for it so the G-hooks just attach to the same Molle webbing strips that the shoulder harness torso adjustment is on. It works just not nearly as clean as the loops sewn on top of the K² frame.

On bag sizing yeah we really underestimate everything, not sure why we do that other than we would rather the customer be surprised by how much they can fit inside the bag than vice versa of having it be too small. I measured the exact cubic inches a few weeks ago and they are:

2000: 2900 with roll top collar extended and front stretch pocket added in (the bag itself is right at 2000 with the roll top collar down)

3500: 4650 (bag, lid, side pockets and front stretch pocket)

5500: 7100 (bag, lid, side pockets and front stretch pocket)

Thanks,
Steve

dotman

WKR
Steve,

Can you easily fit an angled 85mm spotter in the back stretch pocket? In the video that looked like a 65 and looked kind of tight.

Steve,

Can you easily fit an angled 85mm spotter in the back stretch pocket? In the video that looked like a 65 and looked kind of tight.

Yes you can fit one, there is a good amount of stretch and the pocket is pleated to allow extra room. Its snug but not hard by any means to get in and out.

Steve

dotman

WKR
Thanks! Look forward to trying it out. Do you think shipping next week will happen or will it be later in the month?

Thanks! Look forward to trying it out. Do you think shipping next week will happen or will it be later in the month?

Hoping to start next week, I imagine the good majority of the pre-orders will go out the following week of June 20th.

I cannot wait for my 3500! I have a backpack scouting/camera hanging trip planned for the 2nd-5th of July, and I am super stoked to test out the pack!

I cannot wait for my 3500! I have a backpack scouting/camera hanging trip planned for the 2nd-5th of July, and I am super stoked to test out the pack!

We'll get it shipped out to you as soon as we possibly can so you can test it out before the trip.

Thanks for the order!

Steve