EXO K4 7200 vs. Initial Ascent 8200

D_fever80

FNG
EXO or Initial Ascent?

Novice backcountry hunter here. I’m having trouble choosing a pack. Looking to get a large pack that is collapsible. Wanting to start doing 6 to 8 day hunts a couple times a year. I know fit is very important. 5’10” - 175lbs - Short legs - 32” inseam/longer upper body. What are your suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pluce

FNG
Same body build as you and have run Kifaru Duplex Tatical and now switched over to Initial Ascent 8K and not looking back. I have always struggled with heavy loads (85lbs up) but with the Initial Ascent now there. Pack stays put once adjusted / way load sits all help to carry heavier but also reduce fatigue for me.

Order both and send back one u don’t like as much. The IA I sent back because the hip belt kept digging into bottom of my rib cage. They had great CS but ultimately thier solution was for me to cut down the hip belt and I was like I’m not gonna pay $750 for a pack that I need to dart cutting on to make work.

I have used exo, k2, k3 and now k4 and all have been great but k4 is exceptional for me.

bozeman

WKR
Call both, be upfront on what you are doing, get both packs, walk with 50lbs in them, adjust them and keep the one that fits you best. I have found that the top 4-5 pack makers understand that pack fit is a personal choice and have been willing to work with me to find the right one. Be respectful towards their product and return it in 'like new' condition once you make your choice. Best of luck....this journey has just started! :)