Exo Mountain K4?

prm

WKR
I am 5-8. I started with a 23.5” but eventually ordered the 25” stays, which also required replacing the panel. The 23.5“ resulted in nearly horizontal load lifters. Another issue was the rifle holder. The connector was lower with the 23.5” to where I could not reach it. It’s better with the 25”, but I still wouldn’t count on getting my rifle quickly. Their fit reference uses height which doesn’t really capture what really matters, which is torso.

Last edited:
Looking for some advice. I can't decide between the 23.5" or 25 height stays. I came from wearing a 24" kifaru duplex lite and it seemed fine. I'm 5'8. Anyone my height with the bag?
What is your torso measurement?

I have a relatively short torso for my height, and imo, that’s the more important metric to decide frame height.

I think I set my packs up for about 17.5” torso, because I like my waist belt a little higher and my measurement on torso is 18”

I’m 6’ even but have a 34.5” inseam, so if I wasn’t a mutant I’d be probably 5’8”-5’9” for reference

I have the 25” frame coming from a 24” kifaru, and I like the 25”… the 25” k4 is not anymore snaggy in the brush than my 24” kifaru, and I think a little better head clearance

work765

WKR
Thanks everyone for the help! I'll try the 25"

Question, does anyone have a 10% discount code or any other discounts?
I'm an OnX member, just not "elite"

Last edited:

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks everyone for the help! I'll try the 25"

Question, does anyone have a 10% discount code or any other discounts?
I'm an OnX member, just not "elite"
Outside of the onX Elite discount, the only other discount we offer is for MIL, LE, and other professional first responders. Send over proof of service/employment if you qualify ([email protected]), or let us know if you have any other questions.

Outside of the onX Elite discount, the only other discount we offer is for MIL, LE, and other professional first responders. Send over proof of service/employment if you qualify ([email protected]), or let us know if you have any other questions.

Hey Mark, thanks to EXO for supporting our Military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some advice. I can't decide between the 23.5" or 25 height stays. I came from wearing a 24" kifaru duplex lite and it seemed fine. I'm 5'8. Anyone my height with the bag?
I’m 5’7, used 24” duplex and ordered a 23.5” K4 I’ve got enough load lifter angle to make me happy. Probably similar to the lowest and middle Attachment point on the 24” duplex. Biggest difference for me is the head clearance in the K4. When I’m looking up I’m not hitting my head on the frame yet still have load lifting angle. Hope that makes sense.

Atleast if you went with 25” you can cut it down to fit what you need

work765

WKR

Are you guys taking a lot of packs to sell at the show in salt lake?
I decided to go to the show and want to try them on first and then get one there.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are you guys taking a lot of packs to sell at the show in salt lake?
I decided to go to the show and want to try them on first and then get one there.
We will have all sizes of packs there, loaded with weight and ready to try on. Orders placed at the show will ship for free, with show special pricing.

Hope to see you then!

work765

WKR
We will have all sizes of packs there, loaded with weight and ready to try on. Orders placed at the show will ship for free, with show special pricing.

Hope to see you then!

Excellent!! That’s great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhatter9

FNG
Out of curiosity, what is it you’re hoping for? I always wonder what more one could want with this pack and the already offered accessories. The best part about it is its simplicity imo
Not too much really. I have most of the accessories out now, and love the pack system, but exo’s creativity always surprises me. Was just curious if they had anything else cooking for 2024.

ljalberta

WKR
I’d like to see an alternative rifle cradle design. I’m playing with running the SG cradle off the pack and off the angled slots on the belt. Trying to find something that works well both with the Exo Gun clip up top, and also with the Kifaru gunbearer. I like having both options on my pack, but haven’t found the best cradle solution for the bottom yet.

Bushman77

FNG
I got my k4 on Friday and was able to play around with it. I got the 3600 with 25" frame but I think I'm going to jump up to both the 26.5" stays and the 5000 pack. Going to call tomorrow to see how that process of exchanging goes, and getting other accessories.
my previous pack was a Mystery Ranch metcalf and its a night and day difference for me.