Exo pack hauling a tree stand

outdoors

FNG
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Exo k2000. Wondering if anyone has a pic(s) of it with a tree stand loaded in the meat shelf area. Occasionally I use a lone wolf assassin hang on and it packs down pretty flat. I think to keep it higher and from slipping down I may need the crib load panel. I'm sure it'll work but it would be nice to see it or hear from someone who has that setup. Thanks.

This past season we had a buddy who had a stand about 1.5 miles in for his archery tag, but was forced out due to fires.
We were in there for muzzy season and he asked us if we would pack out his stand for him. This stand was much bigger and bulkier than the lone wolf's ive been looking at (not sure of model but it had a lot more going on in the seat department and didnt really pack down). Anyways, my buddy and I each took half and just strapped it to the outside of our exo 3500's, which would also be a good option for you.
Even if you just loosend the bag and slipped it between the frame and bag, it would probably carry much nicer since the weight wouldnt be hanging way out away from your body.
With how thin the lone wolf's pack down, should be no issue..depending on how far you have to hike I guess.
I would just fiddle with it, regardless you wont have any issues figuring out a way to pack it in and out on your exo.
Awesome packs.

I strapped my summit climber to the outside of my exo with a bag of corn in the meat shelf area and it worked like a charm. The stands aren't very heavy, so I wouldn't worry too much about having the weight in the meat shel area. It's easier to strap it to the outside - much less to take apart and put back together.

I've strapped my summit climber on the back of the 3500 also. I've also used the load crib panel with the K2 2000 holding the base of the summit and strapping on the outside/back of the pack. Worked great!

I use my 3500 to haul my Summit Viper all the time, it works great. Sorry but I don't have any pictures. I also use it to pack hang-on stand in and out pre-season and post season. Good luck.

God Bless.

View attachment 46024

No pics but for me it was easier to carry my lone wolf without the crib (and I have one). I wove the frame straps through the holes in the platform and then tightened them down. The stand barely budged an inch and was Super easy to carry like this.

Thanks for the input guys! I looked around this forum and found some older threads with examples of guys hauling tree stands with different packs. I'm confident it will work either way, sandwiched in between or strapped to the back. I just wanted the visual. So now it's off to the Exo web site to drop some......$$$$$!!!!

It definitely works between pack and frame. But I find it easier/faster with the load crib on the outside. I carry my lone wolf and even bigger climbers that way. Best of luck. You definitely will like it.

I don't have pics, but after trying numerous packs, I settled on the exo for my whitetail pack. Hauled a Lone Wolf Climber back in numerous times in the load shelf. Here is what I found. 1) Love the frame and it works awesome! 2) the Lone wolf, in 3 trips had rubbed a sizable hole in the cordura on the part of the frame where it has a "v" for your head. The frame was poking right through. I tried different configurations but realized the rubbing would continue to be a problem because of the frame design and how the Lone Wolf stands are designed. So ... 3) I came up with a solution. First, I patched the hole in the cordura with m sewing machine. I used a double layer of 500D cordura to do that. Second, I took one of those little square 1" thick foam seating pads, and stuck it between the stand and where it rubbed on the Exo frame. I had no problems the rest of the year. Very happy with that arrangement. This is a great setup for hauling a Lone Wolf except for that one feature ... which is fixable.

Thanks guys!!

aion2come...thanks for the heads up on the "rub" problem, I'll keep an eye on that. This will be my whitetail set up as well. I'm tired of dragging whitetails. The ability to pack out meat and easily transport climbers and hang-on's has me excited about this bag.

Any you other guys that use your exo's for hauling in lock Ons and sticks mind posting some pics of how you load it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing this thread back from the grave...

Do any of you climbing stand guys (especially Summit Viper users) have a video or picture of how you lashed the stand to the outside of your 3500 or 5500s?

Back