Exodus vs Iron Will

HookUp

WKR
The other are the Bishops, both their 3 Blade and 2 Blade. I also really like the ATAC, as it flies as good or better than the IW. But the IW is much stronger than the ATAC; the Bishop is much stronger than the IW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a test on youtube where a Bishop broke on a bone. It wasn't there top of line but shows they can fail.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know if you're still up in the air on this but I killed a moose 2 years ago with the QAD Exodus. Quartering away shot, stopped in the offside shoulder but the bull was down with about 60 yards and in less than a minute. Utter destruction in the chest cavity and the QAD had minimal damage on the blades. Super impressed with how they performed!

OP
Wapiti406

Wapiti406

WKR
I ended up going with the QADs. Saturday I killed a bull at 20 yards. Had a complete pass through and it stuck about 8" into the hillside behind him. He ran around 30 yards before falling over. Exodus is going to be in my quiver for a while.

codym

WKR
QAD did a good job on my bull this year as well. It was only a 30 yard shot but either way it worked well. Good BH

Boreal

WKR
I ended up going with the QADs. Saturday I killed a bull at 20 yards. Had a complete pass through and it stuck about 8" into the hillside behind him. He ran around 30 yards before falling over. Exodus is going to be in my quiver for a while.

Congrats! Love to hear the story and see some photos if you get the chance.

OP
Wapiti406

Wapiti406

WKR
Congrats! Love to hear the story and see some photos if you get the chance.

Montana's moose season started on the 15th. I camped all but one night from the 14th to the 22nd in a SO Cimarron. Saw moose on most days. I actually had the bull I harvested at 25 yards last Tuesday, but I couldn't convince myself to fill my tag on the 4th day of the season, I also kind of wanted a bull with two browtines. So, I just took a few pictures (the picture I post was at ~50 yds). After that encounter I really had some regrets on letting him walk. Spent the next few days hunting him and a couple other bulls in the same drainage. Last week they were rutting pretty good. I ended up calling my bull in with grunts to 20 yards and took a shot with him quartering slightly towards me. After the shot he ran through the thick timber and I heard him cough and crash into the brush about 5 seconds after I shot. I have been really close to killing a few bull elk (I've even stupidly passed on a raghorn a few years ago), but this was my first archery kill. I quartered him that night by myself (that was fun), and packed out the back straps. The next day, between 3 of us we took out 4 good loads of meat, and another for the skull in two trips. Im not sure what the 4 bags we took out weighed. My bathroom scale goes to 300 lbs. I weighed myself at 195, and when I picked up a bag the scale read error. I taped him at just shy of 42" wide. Super fun, likely the only moose hunt I will ever have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-18-08-48-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-09-18-08-48-33.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 8092.jpg
    8092.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 8096.jpg
    8096.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 7967.jpg
    7967.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 8088.jpg
    8088.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 110

DavePwns

WKR
Montana's moose season started on the 15th. I camped all but one night from the 14th to the 22nd in a SO Cimarron. Saw moose on most days. I actually had the bull I harvested at 25 yards last Tuesday, but I couldn't convince myself to fill my tag on the 4th day of the season, I also kind of wanted a bull with two browtines. So, I just took a few pictures (the picture I post was at ~50 yds). After that encounter I really had some regrets on letting him walk. Spent the next few days hunting him and a couple other bulls in the same drainage. Last week they were rutting pretty good. I ended up calling my bull in with grunts to 20 yards and took a shot with him quartering slightly towards me. After the shot he ran through the thick timber and I heard him cough and crash into the brush about 5 seconds after I shot. I have been really close to killing a few bull elk (I've even stupidly passed on a raghorn a few years ago), but this was my first archery kill. I quartered him that night by myself (that was fun), and packed out the back straps. The next day, between 3 of us we took out 4 good loads of meat, and another for the skull in two trips. Im not sure what the 4 bags we took out weighed. My bathroom scale goes to 300 lbs. I weighed myself at 195, and when I picked up a bag the scale read error. I taped him at just shy of 42" wide. Super fun, likely the only moose hunt I will ever have.
Congrats on the bull! I've been in a toss up between Iron will and exodus as well. They seem like the two top contenders for my quiver next year

geriggs

WKR
I love the iron wills. I made a poor shot on a bull this year, i did not stop him and shot around 35 yards at a walking elk. Luckily when he whirled away at the shot the arrow went in through the back of the ham and all the way into the back of the chest cavity. I was only shooting 60 lbs and 425 gr arrow. Decent FOC but that Iron Will looked perfect and i believe helped get me the best penetration. Arrow was all the way up in him and then some. Blood trail was the best i have ever seen but i did hit the femoral artery and im sure it wouldnt have mattered what head i used if you hit that artery.....there will be blood.