Experience with Kenetrek Everstep prescription boot?

bobr1

WKR
So, the VA sent me to a podiatrist to get a badly infected ingrown toe nail removed. I also have an old Achilles injury and arthritis in my ankle and the podiatrist said because I wear boots most of the time he could prescribe kenetrek eversteps, which I never knew kenetrek made special orthotic boots. Anyway, the VA called and said they would give me a set for free. I was just curious if anyone has ever had these boots and if they helped?

Thanks,

Bob

I have tarsal coalition in both of my feet. In 2017 I had my left ankle fused to treat the coalition. If I don't wear shoes with good support and padding I can barely walk the next day. I got the eversteps back in 2016 and have loved them. I just had to resole them last year. They have amazing ankle support, to the point where I don't think you can twist and ankle in them. The midsole is very stiff, I can toe in on a steep hill and the boots support my weight. The only problem I've had with them is that I don't much circumference right above my ankles, so I have to cinch the boots down all the way to get the snug ish.

I say all that to say get them especially for free.

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
I have tarsal coalition in both of my feet. In 2017 I had my left ankle fused to treat the coalition. If I don't wear shoes with good support and padding I can barely walk the next day. I got the eversteps back in 2016 and have loved them. I just had to resole them last year. They have amazing ankle support, to the point where I don't think you can twist and ankle in them. The midsole is very stiff, I can toe in on a steep hill and the boots support my weight. The only problem I've had with them is that I don't much circumference right above my ankles, so I have to cinch the boots down all the way to get the snug ish.

I say all that to say get them especially for free.
Awesome. thanks for the info.