Fanatic vs sanctuary 2.0

Michigan whitetail bow/rifle hunter looking to upgrade outerwear at seasons end. Caught between these two product lines and curious what everyone’s opinions on each would be. This would ideally be a set that would take me from mid October all the way through end of November if needed with temps ranging from 10-45. I’m not looking to follow the new craze and pack 18 different $100 layers on under these so mostly expect the outerwear to handle most of the weather with maybe a layer or two or wool/syn underneath. Anyone have personal experience with either of these? Appreciate it in advance.

I just went through this exact same decision making process. I bought both systems to try out and I ended up keeping with the Sanctuary 2.0. I have the jacket, bibs, and hand muff. To me the fanatic jacket didn’t seem like it was warm enough for where I hunt. I hunt in the upper peninsula of Michigan and it can get very cold. With the sanctuary I am able to just wear a Sitka heavy weight hoodie underneath and I am good to go. Plus I like the fit of the sanctuary system better. I never could get over that crazy diagonal zipper on the Fanatic series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank9

FNG
I just went through this exact same decision making process. I bought both systems to try out and I ended up keeping with the Sanctuary 2.0. I have the jacket, bibs, and hand muff. To me the fanatic jacket didn’t seem like it was warm enough for where I hunt. I hunt in the upper peninsula of Michigan and it can get very cold. With the sanctuary I am able to just wear a Sitka heavy weight hoodie underneath and I am good to go. Plus I like the fit of the sanctuary system better. I never could get over that crazy diagonal zipper on the Fanatic series.

I'm in the UP as well and have also been eyeing both of these systems. How is the Sanctuary for quietness? I like the idea of the fleece on the Fanatic to keep it from getting that "crispy" noise in the brutal cold but didn't look like the Sanctuary has that?

I find the Sanctuary very quiet. It probably is not as quiet as the Fanatic but it also won’t collect burrs like the berber on the Fanatic does either.

I bow hunt with the Sanctuary and just yesterday had 2 deer 15 feet away from me and not hear me move my arms to draw.

I find the Sanctuary very quiet. It probably is not as quiet as the Fanatic but it also won’t collect burrs like the berber on the Fanatic does either.

I bow hunt with the Sanctuary and just yesterday had 2 deer 15 feet away from me and not hear me move my arms to draw.

Great to know, my jacket and bibs should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I get to try them for the afternoon hunt.

I hunt NY / PA. Typically not that cold. Below 20* happens but not regularly. I did the Sitka vs FL debate. Fanatic vs solitude was what I came down to. Went solitude based on the idea that I might use for other hunts - duck, goose, etc, and the Sitka stuff is great but super specialized. I think a more fair comparison for the sanctuary is the incinerator line. I borrowed a buddy’s jacket and it was super warm. They are $$$ but if I were hunting in colder temps, I might be very tempted to pick up a set.

OP
H
MichHunter - let us know your thoughts if you happen to get the chance to try em out here in the next day or so.

Great to know, my jacket and bibs should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I get to try them for the afternoon hunt.

renks134

FNG
I’m also considering the Sanctuary 2.0. I’ve been looking into the SKRE Guardian line too. Anyone had experiences with both?

fwafwow

WKR
This isn't exactly responsive, as when I went through the analysis, the Solitude wasn't considered (or perhaps even available at the time). I decided on the Fanatic for the bibs and Sitka Incinerator for the jacket. The latter is more expensive, but it doesn't have a diagonal zipper.

Pezboat

WKR
I went through this same decision making process. I initially bought the Fanatic jacket. The jacket is extremely nice and very warm. However, I couldn’t stand how it picked up every leaf, burr, stick in the woods. Sold it. Was going to go with the Sanctuary, but then read somewhere if you add the Uncompaghre and the Solitude, you get the same level of insulation. Not sure if that’s true. But I ended up going that way. I’m a fan. I like using the Solitude most of the year (I hunt MN and WI). Then when it gets really cold, add the Uncompaghre. It was more versatile for me, and that way, I didn’t have a ton of money tied up into 1 coat, that I could only use when the temperature really drops.

I tried the SKRE Guardian last year and returned it. For me it was too bulky to be comfortable bow hunting with. I also didn’t like the fit as well as the Sanctuary. It seems to ride up and let in drafts in. I felt the Sanctuary 2.0 was quieter too.

Voyageur

WKR
Can’t give you a head to head comparison on the two, but I have used the Sitka fanatic coat and bibs for the past five or six years. I am very pleased with them and feel it is the best archery specific clothing I have ever owned in 50+ years of hunting. I like the diagonal zip as it allows the fanatic to have the built-in hand muff front pocket which I find invaluable for long cold sits in November. The fleece on mine is a fairly low nap and while it does collect burrs, it’s not terrible and I can remove them with minimal effort .
I wear mine in temps ranging from the 40’s down to single digits. Lots of wind where I hunt too.
Hope this helps.

brandr67

FNG
I went through this same decision making process. I initially bought the Fanatic jacket. The jacket is extremely nice and very warm. However, I couldn’t stand how it picked up every leaf, burr, stick in the woods. Sold it. Was going to go with the Sanctuary, but then read somewhere if you add the Uncompaghre and the Solitude, you get the same level of insulation. Not sure if that’s true. But I ended up going that way. I’m a fan. I like using the Solitude most of the year (I hunt MN and WI). Then when it gets really cold, add the Uncompaghre. It was more versatile for me, and that way, I didn’t have a ton of money tied up into 1 coat, that I could only use when the temperature really drops.
How do that do with wind? I heard somewhere the Uncompaghre is poor in windy conditions, but does the Solitude block most of the wind?

Pezboat

WKR
How do that do with wind? I heard somewhere the Uncompaghre is poor in windy conditions, but does the Solitude block most of the wind?
I really haven’t paid that much attention to it. So the fact that I haven’t noticed wind blowing through, I’d say is a good thing. The FL website says the Solitude has a wind-stop membrane. But I actually think the Uncompaghre does great with wind. I bought mine in a solid color and wear it all the time around town, hiking, etc. It’s definitely the warmest, light-coat I have (compared to a Patagonia puffy). So to sum up, with these two paired together, I’ve never had issues with wind.