Favorite audio books?

shadow

FNG
Vince Flynn stuff is great. On that same line, Jack Carr has a good one as well. "Terminal List"

However, I've never had as many people blown away as I have from my audiobook recommendation of "Endurance" By Alfred Lansing. It's the story of Shackleton's doomed antarctic journey. Trapped in sea ice, forced to survive in incredible circumstances. Truly incredible, and true.

rmrwade

FNG
buddy levy - cortez vs montezuma. not sure of exact title but pretty amazing how bit of history.

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
Specifically as an audio book i like "A Salty Piece of Land" by Jimmy Buffet. I read a lot, more serious books. But I like this one to lighten the mood. I have it on my phone and listen to it while glassing. You can enjoy bits and pieces without worrying about keeping up with the whole story. Just lighthearted entertainment.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to a lot of audio books during longer bike rides, runs, and road trips. These are a few of my recent favorites. Also, if you're into road cycling at all check out the two books by Phil Gaimon - "Pro Cycling on $10 a Day" and "Draft Animals".

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage / Alfred Lansing
Snowbound / Richard S. Wheeler
Meateater / Steven Rinella
American Buffalo / Steven Rinella
Shadow Divers / Robert Kurson
Pirate Hunters / Robert Kurson

LostArra

WKR
I'm listening to "Empire of the Summer Moon" for the 2nd time.

Great history on the Republic of Texas and the US settlers dealings with the Cherokee Indian warriors.

Cherokee word meaning " people that disagree with everything" which the other tribes gave them.

Empire of the Summer Moon is about Comanches, not Cherokees. Big difference. :)

LostArra

WKR
As most audio book fans know, the narrator can make or break the book. I would never listen to a Steve Rinella book unless he was doing the narration.

Will Patton is an excellent narrator especially for James Lee Burke books in the Robicheaux series.

River of Doubt was good if you like Teddy Roosevelt history.

Chiefs is a good audio book by Stuart Woods. It may have been his first and best novel.

I liked White Fang by Jack London on audio. You can find it cheap.

ODB

WKR
As most audio book fans know, the narrator can make or break the book. I would never listen to a Steve Rinella book unless he was doing the narration.

Will Patton is an excellent narrator especially for James Lee Burke books in the Robicheaux series.

River of Doubt was good if you like Teddy Roosevelt history.

Chiefs is a good audio book by Stuart Woods. It may have been his first and best novel.

I liked White Fang by Jack London on audio. You can find it cheap.

They’ve re-released American Buffalo with steve reading

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
I listen to a lot of audio books during longer bike rides, runs, and road trips. These are a few of my recent favorites. Also, if you're into road cycling at all check out the two books by Phil Gaimon - "Pro Cycling on $10 a Day" and "Draft Animals".

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage / Alfred Lansing
Snowbound / Richard S. Wheeler
Meateater / Steven Rinella
American Buffalo / Steven Rinella
Shadow Divers / Robert Kurson
Pirate Hunters / Robert Kurson

Thanks for the recommendation on the Phil Gaimon books. I doubt there are a lot of road cyclists on this forum, but I used to put on lots of miles before wife/kids/career. I still ride some and am enjoying "Pro Cycling on $10 a Day" so far.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
Until getting bit by the golf bug 12 years ago, I trained year round and raced from 1st of March til August for about 10 years. Only weather kept us off the road was snow/ice ON the road.

Are you interested in podcasts? I could give you a year's worth of good podcasts to listen to.

Yeah I listen to a lot of podcasts. Travel quite a bit. I’ll give almost anything a shot. Shoot em to me. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk