Favorite Open Sight for Inline?

BCD

WKR
This rifle will be used mostly for hunting brushy areas with limited visibility (typically 100 yards or less). I currently have a Williams peep rear sight and a standard fiber optic post that came with the gun in the front (TC Triumph). I was looking into the globe front sights but it sounds like they really decrease visibility in low light and were really made for shooting longer distances in open terrain.

Any suggestions for upgrades here or should I stick with what I have?

Thanks!!

I would stick with the factory setup if I was you- especially for a while so you can see what your potential is with that rifle.

I went the front globe w/ fine crosshairs and past 100 yards when it's getting dark it is very difficult to see (with my eyes). Especially in a wooded environment.

Fish_on!

FNG
In western Washington where I hunt I can’t see having the globe front a good idea. If hunting open country I could see it adding extra range but I have no experience with it.

I went with a Williams ramp - fiber optic sight and Fire Sight Hood. I do change the red fiber optic out to a green one for better target contrast. The hood allows light - even low light to illuminate the fiber optic.

hood.jpg

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

Green_Fiber.jpg

With this sight set up and looking through a Williams FP it looks like I might have a 1x scope picture. If you use a 6 o'clock hold on the target - like figure 'H' the fiber optic works really well. In effect you are creating a figure 8 sight pic.

Open_sight_pictures1.jpg

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I went with a Williams ramp - fiber optic sight and Fire Sight Hood. I do change the red fiber optic out to a green one for better target contrast. The hood allows light - even low light to illuminate the fiber optic.

hood.jpg

Front-Sight-set-up.jpg

Green_Fiber.jpg

With this sight set up and looking through a Williams FP it looks like I might have a 1x scope picture. If you use a 6 o'clock hold on the target - like figure 'H' the fiber optic works really well. In effect you are creating a figure 8 sight pic.

Open_sight_pictures1.jpg
Interesting- do you have a basic WIlliams peep for the rear sight?

Fish_on!

FNG
Have you looked at putting in a smaller diameter fiber up front similar to the sizes used for archery sites?

I have but the optic rings in the front sight insert only allow the size that comes with the sight. For me the size of the optic is a non factor because I use a 6 o'clock on the target. With that hold a I create a figure 8 look, So the point I want to hit sits right on top of the optic.