Feeling the itch for a Weatherby

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity what’s the thoughts on the 6.5 rpm? 264win mag like performance in a 5.9lb rifle for the weathermark lt? Is this going to be a flash in the pan caliber or chance of sticking around? Would like to see some more 130gr options

.270 WBY always thought would be fun.

The new Weatherby rifels are Awesome, handeled several of them. Got my eye on a .340 at the local shop

OP
R

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a #1 barrel Weatherby? How do they compare profile wise to a Cooper timberline. Just curious if they’re so light that after 1-2 shots they start flinging

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Any long, #1 slender barrel threaded to a magnum will heat up quickly and will start shifting point of impact after 3-4 shots if done in a short time span. Still, Weatherby has their 3-shot accuracy guarantee. You just need to understand what you're buying. It be a pleasure to pack around a lightweight all day. But you'll need some patience when developing that special load or if you want to throw 20-30 rounds downrange during practice. I have a Kimber 8400 in .300 win mag and after 4 shots at the range I just set it aside and pick up a different rifle for 10-15 minutes. It's slender 26" is good for about 4 shots if I space them 3-4 minutes apart. For hunting, you shouldn't need more than 1 or 2 shots anyways. You could get that #3 barrel and it would surely shoot better, longer at the range for those days, but then you give up a couple pounds for packing. Those are the tradeoffs we all get to decide.

BjornF16

WKR
Is it worth the extra $300 (plus paying MSRP) for Weatherby custom shop blueprinting?

Or is that really wasted $$$?

I'm looking hard at Mk V Backcountry in 6.5 RPM

amassi

WKR
Is it worth the extra $300 (plus paying MSRP) for Weatherby custom shop blueprinting?

Or is that really wasted $$$?

I'm looking hard at Mk V Backcountry in 6.5 RPM
If only blueprinting an otherwise factory backcountry than no- its guaranteed sub moa regardless. If your doing cerakote and a diff stock and blueprint than yea i think its worth it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I shot a lot of antelope and mule deer with a weatherby vanguard in 257 weatherby, it’s a great cartridge.

Jim1187

Lil-Rokslider
.257 Weatherby is much more exciting than the .240 to me, brass can easily be formed from 7mm Rem Mag in a pinch. The .240 Weatherby is really just the 6mm-06 with a belt and an expensive brass source.