FFP scopes

Jmort1754

WKR
I know the maven is 1.2 is getting rave reviews

Who else makes a usable reticle ffp?

2.5 -4 ish on low end
15 to 20ish high end

will be used for more range than hunting.

So this is exactly where I am at. All I keep coming back to is (Trijicon Tenmile® HX 3-18x44
First Focal Plane (FFP) Riflescope w/ MOA Precision Tree (Red/Green Illumination), 30mm Tube, Satin Black, Exposed Elevation Adjuster w/ Return to Zero Feature)
Has all the features I want but curious if there is better glass to be had as well as a more usable reticle. Tuning in to see alternatives at that price point (1100-1400).

CRJR45

WKR
I'm with Bigfoot , I like the Tenmile , but not that reticle . I want a reticle like whats in my Accupoint , a green dot / crosshairs and not all that clutter .

Article 4

WKR
There are a ton of options from 15 companies. That you are using it for the range opens a lot more options for weight and reticles...Do you have a price range you want to be in? That might help us help you

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
2K for a scope...

I have a tenmile in SFP / mil adjustment and like OK just worried about the busy reticle in FFP.

Mpaschke7

FNG
I really like the Tract FFP 2.5-15. The reticle is useable (not the hash marks) at 2.5 and are easy to read and not cluttered at 15. I own two of these optics and have used one for several years with no issues, to lnclude banging the scope off a rock and having the rifle attached to my pack with a quartered mule deer and the pack sliding down a hill. Never lost zero and tracking has been spot on. I also really like the pull up locking turret and capped windage.

Article 4

WKR
2K for a scope...

I have a tenmile in SFP / mil adjustment and like OK just worried about the busy reticle in FFP.
If you plan on using it mostly on the range and maybe some hunting, a Mil dot graduated style reticle would be good. I have personal experience with NF, Leupold, and Vortex in your price range and they will all fit the bill well. Maven is a pop scope here but I have no hands on with them so cannot say. The on I attached is my fav but that scope is in the 3000 + range but the reticle is a great range/hunting crossover

Attachments

• download-1.png
    download-1.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 28

Sled

WKR
I hate the busy tree reticles. Simple mil dot like SWFA works for me. I know how to dial elevation and can use the mil dot on the horizontal for windage.

So far, the swfa 3-15 FFP is useable for me. Other brands get too fat in the reticle on high power or too cluttered. I wish someone could build the scope above with more turret travel and capped windage.

Duh

WKR
I’ve grown to like the Mil C reticle on my NX8. I really wish I could have the simple mil reticle on the Trijicon credos SFP line. I’d have a few of those if they came in FFP.

Can someone explain the reason for the circle around the crosshairs on the LRHS line? I like that scope but not that ring around it.

Sled

WKR
I’ve grown to like the Mil C reticle on my NX8. I really wish I could have the simple mil reticle on the Trijicon credos SFP line. I’d have a few of those if they came in FFP.

Can someone explain the reason for the circle around the crosshairs on the LRHS line? I like that scope but not that ring around it.

I'm not a fan of the lrhs ring either. I went back to SFP just to use the credo reticle on a few rifles that don't absolutely need FFP. Not sure why they don't put it in FFP with a few sizing adjustments.

Reactions: Duh

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
For use at the range, my best advice is to loosen your expectations requirements for the "perfect FFP reticle" since the stakes are low

You will be far happier and have a much easier time selecting a scope

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don’t have it but I assume it’s there to address folks concerns on the reticle being too thin on lower magnification / easy target acquisition.

Reactions: Duh