FHF bino harness

Mine came yesterday. I am pretty confident this will be the last bino harness I every buy. So far I really like it, will put it through the paces this weekend but from my initial thoughts, this thing will be perfect in all regards! Great product!

Had I not read about it on here, I would have never known about it, so thank you to the folks who posted reviews on it. Great item!

OP
fillthefreezer
recently ive been running my gps on the side of it as well, working really well.
last weekend my camera case took a S so i stuffed binos in pack and ran my pistol and camera in the pouch, worked killer!
here it is with the gps on the side in a nimrod case for now
coppercreek 007.jpg

bbrown

WKR
For the guys who have been using this - how does the harness do as far as trapping heat against your body? This has been my only concern with the system...
I made the mistake of asking Paul to make some pockets for my pack and I am very tempted to pick up the harness and rangefinder pouch as well.
Have been using the Nimrod system for a couple years now but it is starting to wear out and Paul has been very helpful.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
For the guys who have been using this - how does the harness do as far as trapping heat against your body? This has been my only concern with the system...
I made the mistake of asking Paul to make some pockets for my pack and I am very tempted to pick up the harness and rangefinder pouch as well.
Have been using the Nimrod system for a couple years now but it is starting to wear out and Paul has been very helpful.

I haven't noticed any trouble with that, bbrown. It is simply the best harness I have used.

OP
fillthefreezer
its a little warm there, no worse than any other bino pouch ive used, maybe better than some at venting. it is warm enough to keep my bite valve from freezing in the 20s if i keep it tucked back there
the shoulder straps that stay off the back of my neck are where it earns its keep with me

Used mine the past three days while shed hunting, put on around 20 some miles in 3 days and this bino harness was perfect! It takes some getting used to in terms of opening and closing it without looking at it, compared to the other one I used to use. However; I am very happy with this purchase, I won't ever need to buy another one, I hope!

bbrown

WKR
How many who have the harness also went with the rangefinder pouch? How do you like it?
I typically just tuck my rangefinder in my chest pocket but sometimes it can be slow to get in hand and I have to be sure to put my bino harness on first, then my pack but make sure I buckle the chest strap under the rangefinder lanyard and bino harness so I don't end up with a tangled mess. I am hoping to eliminate all this with the pouch but the location seems like it could be awkward.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brown have you seen the range snap? I use this with Pauls harness. Thinking about just having him sew the strap in place since it doesn't move much even when adjusted over coats

dotman

WKR
I went with the combo and for the price it is a steal of a deal. I use it and it is very handy plus I like to keep my expensive RF out of the weather, not hard to tuck the lid so you have quick easy access to the RF. Overall the RF pouch is a nice addition to the harness.

Also if you don't like the location the pouch can pretty much be mounted anywhere. You are not stuck with only one mounting location.

bbrown

WKR
Thanks Dotman - I was not sure if it was sewn in place or not.
Looks like I am going to order one now - the waiting game begins...

I've ran a lot of different range finder systems and what I've taken to doing no is running the PALS webbing strap on my hip belt (T1) through the belt loop on the factory rangefinder pouch. Quick and easy to get to, and if I drop my pack for a stalk I take the rangefinder out and put it in my vest pocket or in my side/back pockets on my pants.

Mike

crumy

WKR
I just sent Paul and email on these. They look like they would foot the bill for what I am looking for. The badlands is too big and bulky. Does anyone have a guess on lead time to get one? How about the money? Are there any other bino cases out there that would do ok?

Buckman

WKR
Mine should have shipped today. I just got the bino pouch for now.I want a rangefinder pouch ,but in a slim9300 version, which will take more time.

NEhunter

WKR
Mine shipped yesterday. Apparently he had some in stock that were multicam so there was no wait for mine.

DIY

WKR
recently ive been running my gps on the side of it as well, working really well.
last weekend my camera case took a S so i stuffed binos in pack and ran my pistol and camera in the pouch, worked killer!
here it is with the gps on the side in a nimrod case for now
View attachment 5452

Notice the guy in the middle.. Does anyone have a system like that but with a custom holder for a vortex rangefinder. Mounted the same as the GPS holder. Im thinking about having a custom pouch right of the bino system. Good Idea or Bad His gps is mounted on left, id like to have it on the right.

Elc1973

FNG
Got mine a while ago and it sits higher on my chest than the others( they just flopped around my stomach). It is an adjustment but I like how it holds tight I just have to get used to getting them out in the new position. Overall I'm really liking it I keep my lens pen and lighter in one pocket and have more room for other stuff like licenses. Great product just the right size for my swaros.