Fierce Firearms Disaster

Hey guys I'm new to the Forum world and have never posted on this site, I am the Sales Manager here at Fierce. I'm not posting this to stir the pot, in fact I want to try and make it better from our end and for everyone else. We are striving to make customer service better week by week. We are striving to please everyone, some are tougher than others but we will do our best!

I'm not sure why this resurfaced two years or so after it happened but David felt it appropriate to post this. I personally have not seen the gun to be able to look it over. I did see the pictures that he posted. I would like to see it in person and go over it. I have messaged David from my cell phone and left him a voicemail to contact me.

Back when this gun was built it was built up in Canada with John's then partner, now known as "Antler Arms". The guns were built up there and shipped down to us, we would then ship them out to the customer or dealer. The barrel is a barrel that we sourced from McGowen Barrels. McGowen builds a good barrel and we have had good success with their product.

John is no longer affiliated with his partner in Canada, and has bought him out. We are now building the guns down here in Utah. Made in the USA. We are also building our own carbon fiber stocks, carbon fiber barrels, and contouring the steel barrels here in the shop. We have renamed that Model to the Rage (Three lug type action), and changed up the stock configuration to make it a better gun, we feel.

David mentioned that he got a lawyer, and "It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k". I don't ever recall hearing of a phone call or seeing a letter from David's lawyer. I'm not entirely sure what the monetary value is associated too that he mentioned. I did look and did not see any checks that were written to him. I do know that we did try to make things right with David, we did upgrade his Carbon Fury to a CT Edge (for a small fee) to make him happy with the weight discrepancy that he encountered. As well we did end up sending David three guns that he did not mention above either in trying to make things right with him. I feel like that is pretty fair on our end in trying to make something right, for his time and the process. Again I would love to see this gun in person to look at those rifling's. It just hard to think that it would go through McGowen, Fierce Canada( Now known as "Antler Arms"), and our shop like David had mentioned when it came back.

We are striving to be better and we strive for our customer service. We are not perfect but we are working that way week by week. Cody now in customer service is great and super thorough so please don't hesitate to call. We know stuff happens, but we want to make sure we get it taken care of. We feel that our guns are the best out there and we want to make sure that it continues. We also want to make sure that you guys/gals are taken care of if they feel something is wrong.

Again this is not to stir the pot, this is the first time that I have seen this post. It was brought to my attention by a good customer, and I didn't want people to think that we don't care.

Happy Hunting this Fall

Words != Actions.

Cody ghosted me twice on my issues with my Fierce Reaper. I finally twisted Cabela's arm into buying it back after you guys flat out ignored my requests for help with a rifle that was overpriced and did not meet SEVERAL specs.

You can try to explain this away, but I have emails and a paper trail...

Step 1 - stop building trash rifles

Step 2 - take care of people that paid you thousands of dollars

Step 3 - wait a decade for trust to be regained

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hey guys I'm new to the Forum world and have never posted on this site, I am the Sales Manager here at Fierce. I'm not posting this to stir the pot, in fact I want to try and make it better from our end and for everyone else. We are striving to make customer service better week by week. We are striving to please everyone, some are tougher than others but we will do our best!

I'm not sure why this resurfaced two years or so after it happened but David felt it appropriate to post this. I personally have not seen the gun to be able to look it over. I did see the pictures that he posted. I would like to see it in person and go over it. I have messaged David from my cell phone and left him a voicemail to contact me.

Back when this gun was built it was built up in Canada with John's then partner, now known as "Antler Arms". The guns were built up there and shipped down to us, we would then ship them out to the customer or dealer. The barrel is a barrel that we sourced from McGowen Barrels. McGowen builds a good barrel and we have had good success with their product.

John is no longer affiliated with his partner in Canada, and has bought him out. We are now building the guns down here in Utah. Made in the USA. We are also building our own carbon fiber stocks, carbon fiber barrels, and contouring the steel barrels here in the shop. We have renamed that Model to the Rage (Three lug type action), and changed up the stock configuration to make it a better gun, we feel.

David mentioned that he got a lawyer, and "It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k". I don't ever recall hearing of a phone call or seeing a letter from David's lawyer. I'm not entirely sure what the monetary value is associated too that he mentioned. I did look and did not see any checks that were written to him. I do know that we did try to make things right with David, we did upgrade his Carbon Fury to a CT Edge (for a small fee) to make him happy with the weight discrepancy that he encountered. As well we did end up sending David three guns that he did not mention above either in trying to make things right with him. I feel like that is pretty fair on our end in trying to make something right, for his time and the process. Again I would love to see this gun in person to look at those rifling's. It just hard to think that it would go through McGowen, Fierce Canada( Now known as "Antler Arms"), and our shop like David had mentioned when it came back.

We are striving to be better and we strive for our customer service. We are not perfect but we are working that way week by week. Cody now in customer service is great and super thorough so please don't hesitate to call. We know stuff happens, but we want to make sure we get it taken care of. We feel that our guns are the best out there and we want to make sure that it continues. We also want to make sure that you guys/gals are taken care of if they feel something is wrong.

Again this is not to stir the pot, this is the first time that I have seen this post. It was brought to my attention by a good customer, and I didn't want people to think that we don't care.

Happy Hunting this Fall

I applaud you for trying to do the right thing.

However you should have left this buried for yalls sake.

Your apology and explanations were 19 pages and a couple years too late.

Fowl Play

WKR
@david2duck old post but it got revived so I’ll ask a question.

Was there any way he did not believe you at the time? Or did you send him a picture and he still told you to lawyer up?

I can’t fathom how he was not trying any possible way to get this colossal **** up of a rifle out of the world. It’s embarrassing.

Also, what’s the status of this rifle currently? I agree that it’s a unicorn and should be left as is. I honestly would probably start hitting up his competition to see if they want to buy it and put it on display for all gun shows in the future. I’m sure it wouldn’t take too much to find a competitor with some bad blood who would love to have that rifle.

atmat

WKR

Happy Hunting this Fall
This honestly is a terrible look and response, and I think it did more harm than good.

A better response would be to own the error and commit to being better. There’s no rifling in a barrel, it took years to resolve, and at one point you upgraded him for a small fee (i.e,, customer paid to upgrade) because the actual purchase had a falsely advertised weight.

Also, regarding the legal and payout claims. Did you check with anyone internally before you questioned his statement? Or did you really go with “I don’t recall and don’t see any checks”?

Sled

WKR
@david2duck old post but it got revived so I’ll ask a question.

Was there any way he did not believe you at the time? Or did you send him a picture and he still told you to lawyer up?

I can’t fathom how he was not trying any possible way to get this colossal **** up of a rifle out of the world. It’s embarrassing.

Also, what’s the status of this rifle currently? I agree that it’s a unicorn and should be left as is. I honestly would probably start hitting up his competition to see if they want to buy it and put it on display for all gun shows in the future. I’m sure it wouldn’t take too much to find a competitor with some bad blood who would love to have that rifle.

Pretty astute suggestion. That's one way to turn a lemon into lemonade.

OP
david2duck
@Fowl Play

Pics were sent and it obviously took two years to get anything squared away so that should speak volumes on how serious they took the issue.

I did receive a phone call from Courtney at Fierce today. He is correct in the fact the no check was ever sent. They sent three rifles to me for my troubles, time, money spent (they had my $$$ for two years with me having zero working rifles), and the list goes on. Only three rifles were sent. One was an exact copy of my fury but in a different caliber (I paid for that rifle originally). One was the rifle I bought and then paid an upgrade fee (another paid for rifle). The last rifle sent was one they sent to me for free. At the time I believe it was the most expensive rifle they made. I promptly sold all three of the rifles and that is where the $10k came from. If you really want to get into the numbers though I believe I paid over $5k for my original two rifles and the upgrade fee. So, I actually only came out with just the extra cash from the free gun. Two of the guys that bought the rifles from me have reached out and said the guns are shooting very well, so there is that. The third rifle I haven't heard anything from the buyer. Hopefully that clears any of that up for anyone interested. I have said it a few times but I have left a ton of stuff out because it would take too long to write it all out. I have also stated that they can and do make a good shooting rifle. Hopefully you don't end up with one that doesn't though cause...

You guys can read what was posted from Fierce and take it however you like. If any of you want to see the rifle because you somehow think I am making this up just send me a PM and we can set that up. Shoot, if you are in Oregon and I am lying about the rifle and its condition I'll pay for your gas money.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Courtney used to be at CA. Always had good dealings with him there. Not all hunting marketing or hunting gear outfits in Utah are shady but many are cut from the same cloth. To recognize a good one, Blue Mountain Precision is top notch.

I have a few rifles now from them and each one of them has been flawless. Eric is super easy to work with and has been a stand up guy in all dealings I have had with him.

During the component shortages he even helped me out with some 28 nosler brass from his stash because I couldn't source any.

As long as he is in business all my work will go through him. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat.

BjornF16

WKR
This honestly is a terrible look and response, and I think it did more harm than good.

A better response would be to own the error and commit to being better. There’s no rifling in a barrel, it took years to resolve, and at one point you upgraded him for a small fee (i.e,, customer paid to upgrade) because the actual purchase had a falsely advertised weight.

Also, regarding the legal and payout claims. Did you check with anyone internally before you questioned his statement? Or did you really go with “I don’t recall and don’t see any checks”?
Fierce should really invest in someone who is a Customer Relations expert, not some run of the mill sales manager if they want to clean up their Sh!! Show.

freddyG

WKR

Anytime there is a company response on forums after a fkup, it never goes well. For some reason there are always excuses, and bs posted instead of an apology. You can’t fix stupid...

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Anytime there is a company response on forums after a fkup, it never goes well. For some reason there are always excuses, and bs posted instead of an apology. You can’t fix stupid...

Yea the worst part is his response read like this.

I dont believe you.
It wasn't out fault.
I think your a liar.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
An apology and trying to explain their side might have been somewhat effective about 373 posts ago. By now there are so many other Fierce stories that the only effective response would be that they sold the company to someone with some credibility.

fwafwow

WKR
Sometimes I wonder if some of the CS accounts are the same person across multiple companies

Holy $hit. My dad bought a 28 Nosler that the bolt would hardly open and then couldn't pull the case out. They did take it back and admitted that they cut WAY too many chambers with the same reamer, leaving super rough chambers the would cause the case to stick in them. They re-reamed it and it worked fine after that. They clearly have some terrible QC. I wouldn't buy one for sure.
New poster here and had never heard of this forum you until I googled issues with fierce. But I’m glad I found this forum! I see this is an older thread and not to bring up old stuff up but I had the exact same issue and felt I could validate what is being said.

I have a fierce in 28 Nosler. First time I’ve ever paid more than $1,500 for a rifle. Was very excited to get it. However, I was soon very disappointed. Rounds would not chamber, rounds would not extract, after 10 rounds I had to clean the action from all the brass shavings, rounds would not load from the mag (it was a single shot load into the barrel gun), Mag would blow out of the bottom of the gun on some shots (mag came apart and I would put it back together), fiber glass chips ( I think it was fiberglass but just a guess) were appearing between the barrel and the stock and all I could get at 100 yards was 1.5”.

I sent it back to fierce. I had two issues, the chamber not being right and the mag. They sent it back in around 2-3 months (not too long) and said they rereamed the chamber and gave me a new bolt. No mention of the mag issue. I tried to load rounds in it and still had the mag problem (sometimes the bolt would slide over the rounds and when it did catch the tip of the bullet would get stuck on the top of the action) but the rounds would chamber if I fed directly into the chamber unlike before. I took the gun to a local gunsmith (I didn’t want to wait 3 months agian) and he said the feed lips were messed up on the mag. He fixed it. Rounds will load into the chamber now.

Most of the issues seem to be fixed. The gun is still just a 1.5” at 100. Think I will try to sell it this off season.

My overall impressions of this company are not good. I got a bad product that I paid a lot money for and when I asked them to correct it they fixed some of the issues. On top of that it’s not as advertised regarding accuracy.