Fierce Firearms Disaster

We value your opinion Fierce employee #2!

What reviews are you referring to? Nobody said Fierce NEVER puts out a shooter, just that their QC is awful, and when issues are brought to their attention they don't even fix it all.

Also, I'd bet most guys that drop $3k on highfalutin rifles never even fire them or just toss on a Leupold and blame the wind for their 2MOA rifle, leaving a glowing review so they don't look like a jackass and lose the argument with the wife over why they needed a $5k setup in the first place when Jimmy the pool boy bags monsters with his blued Tikka 223 w/ SWFA fixed power scope...

OP
david2duck
@Azdbllung
I never said they sent me a check. This is obviously 20 pages long now but it’s important to read what people actually write “It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k.” No mention of a check or how the money was received. I actually made it sound better than it was. I only received the money from the gun they sent and I sold. The rest were guns I paid for.

If you’re fine with a company having your money with zero working rifles for two years… good on you. Terrible customer service sums up the company.

Seekins doesn’t produce anything carbon. Their stocks are trash…not a great comparison. Their twist rates are crap also.
What twist rates are crap? Looking really quick and they look pretty typical - it's actually neat seeing the 7RM is a 1:8 like a 7 PRC so it can handle the heavy loads.

All I know is my element in 6.5 PRC shoots lights out and I love the stock.

Calibers:

Short Actions: Barrel length 24"
  • 6mm Creedmoor / 1:8 twist
  • 6.5mm Creedmoor / 1:8 twist
  • 6.5 PRC / 1:8 twist
  • 6.8 Western / 1:8 twist
  • .308 Win / 1:11.25 twist
Long Actions: Barrel length 26"
  • 300 Win Mag / 1:10 twist
  • 300 PRC / 1:10 twist
  • 338 Win Mag / 1:10 twist
  • 7mm Rem Mag / 1:8 twist
  • 7 PRC / 1:8 twist

bmart2622

WKR
What twist rates are crap? Looking really quick and they look pretty typical - it's actually neat seeing the 7RM is a 1:8 like a 7 PRC so it can handle the heavy loads.

All I know is my element in 6.5 PRC shoots lights out and I love the stock.

Calibers:

Short Actions: Barrel length 24"
  • 6mm Creedmoor / 1:8 twist
  • 6.5mm Creedmoor / 1:8 twist
  • 6.5 PRC / 1:8 twist
  • 6.8 Western / 1:8 twist
  • .308 Win / 1:11.25 twist
Long Actions: Barrel length 26"
  • 300 Win Mag / 1:10 twist
  • 300 PRC / 1:10 twist
  • 338 Win Mag / 1:10 twist
  • 7mm Rem Mag / 1:8 twist
  • 7 PRC / 1:8 twist
None of them are crap!! Just like not offering carbon barrels isnt a knock on them and just like there is nothing wrong with the stock, the Seekins stock felt light years better in my hands than the Fierce did

fatrascal

WKR
I know other people who get this or that custom made gun only to have problems. I've seen this with rifles, AR rifles, and pistols. Meanwhile i get guns off of the shelf at my local gun store and have no issues. My only preference is American made namebrand guns such as Ruger, Remington, Savage and Mossberg. Nothing specail but dependable.
Fatrascal.

Who twists a 300 PRC 1:10?? Almost completely kills the idea of why a 300 PRC was made. Can’t shoot the heavies
Should be plenty for 212/215s. Not sure on 225 elds. 1/9 would be better.

1:7.5 or 1:7 would be nice vs 1:8 for 6 creed too.

I guess for my application they are trash. Who twists a 300 PRC 1:10?? Almost completely kills the idea of why a 300 PRC was made. Can’t shoot the heavies

Seekins will actually answer that question directly if you ask them. But you can shoot heavies in seekins rifles

TaperPin

WKR
I had no idea what a Fierce gun was - at first it seemed a teenage slang term for cool, but this thread has been much more enjoyable than anything I could have imagined! Dashed hopes, international gunsmiths, broken partnerships, money, time lags older than many grand kids, lots of dollars per crappy group size, high expectations, and in the end it’s a great example of how you can give your product away to unhappy customers and not please everyone. Lol

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
too bad,
I have problem with proof barrel too, I send the barrel back to them and they send it back not shoot because of pressure, I sent it back the second time tell them " they can have it"

Unckebob

WKR
@Azdbllung
I never said they sent me a check. This is obviously 20 pages long now but it’s important to read what people actually write “It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k.” No mention of a check or how the money was received. I actually made it sound better than it was. I only received the money from the gun they sent and I sold. The rest were guns I paid for.

If you’re fine with a company having your money with zero working rifles for two years… good on you. Terrible customer service sums up the company.

When you write that, most people would, rightfully, conclude "I got roughly 10k" to mean you got paid.

BTW - I don't have a Fierce rifle, don't work for Fierce or know anyone who works at Fierce, and will never have a Fierce rifle because Mogel went to jail for poaching. That ended any thought I had about buying anything from him.

I had no idea what a Fierce gun was - at first it seemed a teenage slang term for cool, but this thread has been much more enjoyable than anything I could have imagined! Dashed hopes, international gunsmiths, broken partnerships, money, time lags older than many grand kids, lots of dollars per crappy group size, high expectations, and in the end it’s a great example of how you can give your product away to unhappy customers and not please everyone. Lol
I’d take a free gun from fierce and be happy as a kid on Christmas. 😜

Duh

WKR
I guess for my application they are trash. Who twists a 300 PRC 1:10?? Almost completely kills the idea of why a 300 PRC was made. Can’t shoot the heavies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I shoot heavies out of my 1:10 Seekins. You couldn’t pry that rifle out of my cold dead hands.