Fierce Fury carbon - 6.5creedmoor

Morning Everyone,

Recently picked up a Fierce Fury in 6.5 creedmoor. Before I finish buying all the components to reload, can anyone confirm I will have no issue using brass with SRP and this gun? Looking at Peterson, Lapua or Alpha. Read some guns may have issues with the SRP and cratering.

thanks,

Harvey_NW

WKR
You might get tore up about the Fierce, they have a terrible reputation around here, but for all intents and purposes I hope it serves you well. As far as primers, I would say it depends on what type of weather you plan to shoot in. If you plan to hunt low or sub 0 temps, I highly advise large rifle. I shoot large rifle in everything and have no issues. Might browse through this thread, quite a few reports of misfires with SRP-

OP
K
You might get tore up about the Fierce, they have a terrible reputation around here, but for all intents and purposes I hope it serves you well. As far as primers, I would say it depends on what type of weather you plan to shoot in. If you plan to hunt low or sub 0 temps, I highly advise large rifle. I shoot large rifle in everything and have no issues. Might browse through this thread, quite a few reports of misfires with SRP-

I have one of the made in Canada ones before they took all their manufacturing to Utah. I'm not concerned about the quality of the gun. I wear Kuiu hunting as well, may get bashed for that. It much easier to speak about a bad experience and get traction with a following then it is a good one. Also, the gun store I bought it from is run by a stand up gentleman, he will help with any issue.

That being said, this will mainly be a summer gun chasing sheep in the mountains. I may set up both a SRP and LRP, but with the primer situation, its currently much easier to find SRP in Canada than LRP. Doing some reading, it sounds like long distance match shooters prefer SRP as well. I'm just concerned I may need to modify the gun to make them work. Read a few cases where this was required.

Not all primers are created equal. If you're going to use SRP, using a single base extruded powder and hot "magnum" SRP will reduce the chance of issue in cold weather.

OP
K
Not all primers are created equal. If you're going to use SRP, using a single base extruded powder and hot "magnum" SRP will reduce the chance of issue in cold weather.
Would like to get some CCI 450 but can't find them in Canada. Going to start with GM205M igniting H4350 pushing a berger 130 VLD-H