Finger Bow

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone still shoot with fingers? I’m debating on giving shooting a compound with fingers a shot. How are you guys setting them up?

bsnedeker

WKR
Seems like a recipe for a string derailment to me. Modern compounds are designed to be shot with a release from everything i understand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mathews Apex you can do it with. I think Martin makes a bow you can use as well. Barnesdale bow. Most are target bows, I'm sure others are out there.

ia bhtr

FNG
Look around for an older Hoyt , ( I actually picked up a Bowtech Constitution just for this purpose ) I would suggest around 40 ata , most you should be able to get 65% mods or ther abouts , unless you put an un Godly amount of twist on the string with your fingers , you wont have any problem with derailing the bow as mentioned earlier , actually dont think you would even then , I have shot fingers on 36" ata bows with zero issues , but then I only have a 28 1/2 DL , so in my case that helps , I bought my Connie to go back to Barebow which is my favorite way to shoot / hunt , just have to be honest with yourself on effective range

11boo

WKR
Seems like a recipe for a string derailment to me. Modern compounds are designed to be shot with a release from everything i understand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I did not know that. I use a release on my mission ballistic, but I send a few now and then with my fingers. Mainly just to know I can,in case I ever have to during a hunt. I should stop I guess, but I shot a couple compounds 100% fingers till I saw the light. They were older bows too.