Fires affecting your hunt?

Shadow14

WKR
Just curious, how have the wildfires affected yalls hunting this season especially in the PNW? Who has had to make changes or cut their hunts short or, God forbid, had to rush home to save their property? Praying for all those in the path

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
Well Ca shutdown all its national forests so that will hamper hunting quite a bit. Ironically they waited until the day after the labor day weekend to shut down the forest despite last weekends heat and wind making ideal fire conditions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Having to surrender a limited draw tag in CA after spending weeks of time and gas finding good bucks is a kick in the nuts let me tell you! Guess I will have to hope and draw ot again next year.
Did they restore your point?

Nickb_00

Lil-Rokslider
Website says they will restore all points lost and give a point for current year. Have yet to be able to talk to a live person yet to verify so fingers crossed! I gave up 5 for this years tag

amassi

WKR
Website says they will restore all points lost and give a point for current year. Have yet to be able to talk to a live person yet to verify so fingers crossed! I gave up 5 for this years tag
Will 6 be a 100% draw or did you draw a rando with 5?

Nickb_00

Lil-Rokslider
Should be as long as point creep doesn't change for next year. 5 was 100% for this year

yup my hunt spot is burning up. So I changed plans to go to a different wilderness. Well now all the public land is closed here in CA. Just glad I didn't have a premium tag this year.

Nickb_00

Lil-Rokslider
Well from someone who lives down in the valley farm land Thank you! We have not seen the sun in 2 weeks! CA needs all the help they can get!

Steven C

FNG
I’m in the same boat. Used 9 pts and have an X-2 tag here in California. Made 3 scouting trips at 5 hours each way. The part I don’t get is Modoc isn’t even on fire, and no more in danger than it was the last two months I’ve been up there. The worst part is I have enough points to draw my areas in Colorado and Wyoming and didn’t because I was going to burn my points here. I hope that things change in the next two weeks, for us hunters and the firefighters. I’m now scrambling for a landowner tag somewhere.

TripleJ

WKR
My buddy and I had to rush home Tuesday. We were across the state on day 3 of our 9 day trip. Local fire is pretty close to my house and my wife and boys had to evacuate while we were on our way back. My elk hunting is on hold until the situation is a little more stable around here.

Nickb_00

Lil-Rokslider
Ya my buddy and i are holding out until the week before season in hopes of something turning around. We had a 4 hour drive one way!

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
I am holding an X9A tag here in California. As of right now, it is shut down, so I am in a holding pattern. Sweet. We'll see, but not looking good. I only had time to hunt the opener and early portion of the season, too.

Having said that, the folks in real danger have my thoughts and prayers. If I have to eat a CA tag I'll live and my house is not burning down. So, relatively speaking, not a huge deal. Best to all of you in danger and or fighting these fires.

Having to surrender a limited draw tag in CA after spending weeks of time and gas finding good bucks is a kick in the nuts let me tell you! Guess I will have to hope and draw ot again next year.
I’m in the same boat trying to decide if I want to turn my x6b tag back in. We plan to hunt all blm property and my brother in law talked to them today and they said they won’t shut down unless there’s a fire on the blm land. We’ll see how it shakes out. At least we have 3rd season Colorado tags. Good luck everyone and be safe.

Azone

WKR
I’m in the same boat trying to decide if I want to turn my x6b tag back in. We plan to hunt all blm property and my brother in law talked to them today and they said they won’t shut down unless there’s a fire on the blm land. We’ll see how it shakes out. At least we have 3rd season Colorado tags. Good luck everyone and be safe.
Think the BLM ground will turn into a parking lot?