First aid/emergency kit overhaul

unm1136

WKR
Immodium and Vet wrap are in mine. Vet wrap when used on people is Coban. I find it much easier to use for splinting or applying direct pressure to wounds as an actual bandage, rather than a dressing. I used to love Kerlex because of the way it stuck to itself wrapping an injury, but like all things from my youth it seems to have become cheaper to produce, and thus less effective an useful in its role. Non-adherent pads, Dermabond, if I can get it, Duct tape, and neosporin are all in mine, too. I am actually thinking since I am really not that light weight in my hunting rig yet, trying sulfa powder since I am not sensitive to it, and it has to be lighter than the neosporin. A co-worker buys it over the counter when he goes home "down south".

jmez

WKR
Pretty minimal what I actually carry with me.

Two 4x4 telfa pads
Duct tape wrapped on a lighter
6 extra strength tylenol
2 packs of 0 vicryl suture material with swagged on needle

That is all. Vicryl is very strong and can be used for clothing or pack repairs as well as suturing a wound if needed.
Pretty extensive kit kept at basecamp.

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
So heres a question to Goober and bronco... whats the difference between the combat gauze and the quick clot? I have heard about the combat gauze, but have not found it, even in the medical supply catalogs. Where do you get it?