First big game animal?

Whitetail doe at age 12 on the family farm in Missouri. Dad left me in the treestand mid-morning to walk a loop through the woods to the west and bumped the doe toward me. She stopped in the fence row about 100 yds north of the stand, and I got her through the lungs with a Remington Model 7 chambered in 7mm-08.

Last edited:

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
25 years ago I tagged along on a DIY hunt in Northwest Maine with a borrowed rifle. Didn’t see a deer all week. Walking back to the truck last 1/2 hour on the last day. A hugh body, small rack 8 pointer pops out in front of me 75 yards out. Took a knee and put the cross hairs on his chest. I don’t remember pulling the trigger. What is burned in my mind is the buck crumbling to the ground.
I was a total greenhorn at the time, but real lucky!

whoop

FNG
4x4 muley east of Fallon Nv at age 13 in 1984. Two seniors on the school bus were talking about going chuckar hunting. I let them know I had a unit 18 tag and they invited me along. As we were driving up a draw to a windmill a nice 4x4 come up out of the wash. After a little scramble to get my dads .270 from behind the seat, we had a buck. Then later we limited on chuckar. Great day!

12 years old, i think i weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet, i remember being terrified of the kick for my uncles old 30-30, frontal shot on a white tail fawn at about 30 yards, aimed for the chest and flinched so hard i shot him right in the head

12 years old - jumped an eastern MT muley tall spindly 3x4 out of a coulee. I remember kneeling in the snow to shoot, but never felt the recoil from the old .243 ruger flat bolt

Trr15

WKR
14 yrs old. Little basket rack 7 point Pennsylvania whitetail. .243 Winchester, 100 gr round nose bullet (that i loaded with a Lee hand loader - pounding the bullet into the case with a mallet) right through the heart. The buck made it maybe 30 yards and piled up. I can close my eyes and still see it all play out as vividly as it did over two decades ago.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
Borrowed a rifle from my uncle because my dad hadn't hunted for years and another uncle had his rifle. 7mm Rem Mag.

Broke my nose on the scope. Killed the deer though!

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
11 years old, mature whitetail doe. Hand me down 12 gauge, Winchester slugs, uncle that was more determined than I was. Little did i know, at that time it was a life changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
12 years old modoc ca 7mm weatherby and a spindly horned 3x4 muley on opening morning. My dad was looking at another buck and said I missed and shoot him again all I could see was my bucks feet kicking hilarity ensued.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

swordtine

FNG
Archery Roosevelt. Solo in the rain bugled him in to 30 yds and shot him when he popped out of the thick nasty looking for me to kick my butt !!

Jaker_cc

WKR
Spike whitetail in south Texas the day after I turned 5 years old

3301bb57748fd99d50627ea153f0f058.jpg

TreGrizz

FNG
Hoping to take my first animal this year (at 33 y/o lol.) hopefully i can report back with the story!