First dall sheep success

keller

WKR
Congrats on an awesome ram and adventure sounds like it was everything you had hoped it would be.

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

One thing that stuck out to me was your mention of visiting with Kyle. We're lucky to have some damn fine folks from AK active on the forums that are more friendly and helpful than could be asked of them. I'll not give a full call out of names for fear of their inbox's being further blown up, but we 'Preciate ya!

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Congratulations again on the ram Josh! Finally got a chance to read your whole report, nice work! It was great to meet you and you're welcome to stop by again anytime you want.

Great to meet you too, and thanks for the tacos and coffee. I needed both after following Josh around the mountains.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Arrival

During my travel I had received a text from Craig, the hunter in the field before me. He had tagged out on a good ram and was back at the outfitter’s place. That got me even more excited. I grabbed a burger at Fast Eddie’s in Tok, then headed back down the highway to Matt’s place.

I was greeted by Matt, Craig, and my guide, Josh Ellis (@adventure907 ). I was able to check out Craig’s ram, which got me even more fired up. I unloaded my gear and we started sorting through it. Matt was very helpful in giving me an idea of what I did and didn’t need. We shot my rifle to verify zero. Then it was off to meet Matt’s folks, Frank and Sue. We talked a while, told some hunting stories, and squared up on getting my tag. We then headed back to Matt’s where Josh helped me nail down what gear would end up in my pack. We packed all of our food and gear into the packs and got them all ready to go for the next day. We grabbed some supper and settled in for the night.View attachment 119351View attachment 119352View attachment 119353

Thanks for the shout out on the forum, congrats again and great meeting and sharing stories with a first time sheep hunter on both ends with success on each side

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
Thanks for sharing and congrats!

One thing that stuck out to me was your mention of visiting with Kyle. We're lucky to have some damn fine folks from AK active on the forums that are more friendly and helpful than could be asked of them. I'll not give a full call out of names for fear of their inbox's being further blown up, but we 'Preciate ya!

Yeah, there are some good guys on here. From the beginning of trying to sort through outfitters, up until the last detail of the trip, this forum has been a pile of help.

Thanks for the shout out on the forum, congrats again and great meeting and sharing stories with a first time sheep hunter on both ends with success on each side

It was great to meet you too. It's hard to believe 2 new guys both got it done. I'm sure glad we did though.

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
I cooked my first bit of sheep last night. We had zero leftovers. I did a roast in the oven til medium rare. I hate I can't fill the freezer with those suckers. That was a good meal.