First Elk Hunt Ruined Two Years in a Row!

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Three years ago a buddy and I decided we are gonna try our hand at archery elk. We planned, practiced, acquired gear, gouge, and knowledge. His wife promoted and he had to be home through September while she went through some training(we are all military). So we made a plan to do it this year. We practiced, planned and everything and Covid came. The military locked us down. We can’t travel. So here’s to hoping for next year! Meanwhile I’m living my hunt through all of you! And maybe I can work on more Ora give, working out more and learning more!

willy

FNG
Thank you Valkyie for your service and you and you family's sacrifices. Sorry that your hunt got fbarred again. The third times the charm I hope for you guys.

Spike elk

WKR
If there is any tag karma you will have a great hunt next year. God bless and stay safe. Thanks for your service to the country.🇺🇲

Thanks for your service and hopefully your post reminds some of us how much service men and women sacrifice. When you do get to go I hope it is an epic trip.

Three years ago a buddy and I decided we are gonna try our hand at archery elk. We planned, practiced, acquired gear, gouge, and knowledge. His wife promoted and he had to be home through September while she went through some training(we are all military). So we made a plan to do it this year. We practiced, planned and everything and Covid came. The military locked us down. We can’t travel. So here’s to hoping for next year! Meanwhile I’m living my hunt through all of you! And maybe I can work on more Ora give, working out more and learning more!

So if I may ask, what state were you planning to hunt in? Maybe some could at least get you pointed in the right direction for next year or even later in the season? Were you planning Archery or Rifle?

Lytro

WKR
I'm also in the military and I've been holding my breath for a while now hoping I don't have to eat the NM 2B deer tag I drew this year and my Colorado bull tag. Hopefully it all comes together for you next year!

Sorry to hear that, but it is what it is. You pretty much signed your life away when you work for Uncle Sam and have no real control over anything.

It's easy to be short sighted, but it could be worse.

live4him

FNG
Thanks for your service and sacrifices made for us all here. And what a great outlook to have seeing it here when you could do it yourself. Helps us remember how fortunate we all are