First fly in moose hunt

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
This coming late September me and my buddy will be doing our first Fly-in moose hunt. We will be hunting in Northwestern British Columbia for at least 10 days. We will be hunting moose caribou Stone sheep and mountain goat. But we will be specifically targeting Moose. We both pretty much have most of the gear just a few odds and ends we each have to buy but I'm mostly thinking about which clothing to use

Just curious on what everybody's using for cold weather clothing. Any specific you guys recommend. Sitka kuiu first light. All is super expensive any other brands that people swear by that don't break the bank

You must be a resident! Invest in your gear. I have first lite, Kuiu, and Sitka. Find it on sale and buy what I need. HH rain gear is great and don’t cost much, don’t expect it to breath though.

Beendare

WKR
It depends.

Is it dry ground/ high country....horse backing...swampy low country? All of those will mean Different choices.

Its hard to beat the Sitka/ Kuiu for mountain hunts.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Both me and my hunting partner had the jetboil and didn't like them we now both have the MSR Pocket Rocket 2.

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking to get some base layers and also a good pair of gloves for this hunt the reviews on kuiu look good. I was specifically looking at about Yukon Pro glove it's quite expensive but if it's an excellent glove I would buy it

Wapack

FNG
I’ve had good luck with Rab and Mountain hardwear for lower cost mountaineering gear in earth tones to save some coin. Usually they can be found on sale. I live in the MH Kor strata hoody through hunting season into ski touring season. I love it! Of all the rain gear I have owned most durable and breathable for the weight is Kuiu Chugach. I think I’ve blown through every pair of rain pants but those. So far anyway...

Look into the zip off merino base layers by Kuiu and First Lite. Bought my first pair (First Lite) for last elk season and wish I’d done it sooner. Not taking your boots off to add or subtract my merino base layer was a game changer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattmann

FNG
REI sells slightly used gear at DEEP discounts if you wanted to go that way....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk