First Grandchild Coming-A Boy!

Crusader

WKR
I got a fairly late start at marriage (29) and we didn't have our first daughter until 4 years later. Anyway, we knew a few months ago that daughter was going to have our first grandchild. Found out a couple days ago that it's a boy. As a dad to two (wonderful) daughters, I am really excited about having a boy in the family and about the prospects of someday hunting with him and doing the other stuff grandfathers do! ☺️

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
Very exciting indeed. My daughter got married 1 yesr ago. I'm waiting to hear some good news like that. Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Congrats! Got our first two grandbabies over the last couple of years, it's an exciting time. Enjoy the ride!

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat as you are, married at 32 etc. and my son just had their first child and it's the first boy! My daughter has 2 girls but so far are not interested in the outdoors much. My son is an avid outdoorsman so the grandson will get lots of time in the woods. I probably wont be around to see the grandson on his first hunt so I picked up a new Henry Compact .22 lever gun, gave it a good cleaning and Eezox coating and put on the shelf for him when and if the time comes he takes to the woods. I just need to sit down and write that letter to put in the box if I'm not around to see that day.

OP
Crusader

Crusader

WKR
I'm in the same boat as you are, married at 32 etc. and my son just had their first child and it's the first boy! My daughter has 2 girls but so far are not interested in the outdoors much. My son is an avid outdoorsman so the grandson will get lots of time in the woods. I probably wont be around to see the grandson on his first hunt so I picked up a new Henry Compact .22 lever gun, gave it a good cleaning and Eezox coating and put on the shelf for him when and if the time comes he takes to the woods. I just need to sit down and write that letter to put in the box if I'm not around to see that day.
Great idea. But hoping you'll be able to give it to him in person and, be with him to use it!

OH_hunter

FNG
Congratulations!!! I have two grandsons - they keep me running for sure LOL! Can’t wait till they are old enough to go hunting !!

Congrats Crusader! I have a grandson currently under construction and due to arrive in Late January. I’m already looking forward to future hunts with him 👍

AKDoc

WKR
Congratulations sir!!

Our grandson recently turned 4, and he is a riot...and he also wears us out! They live nearby, so we have been a big part of his life since the beginning. His dad is an avid bow hunter, so the grandson is already shooting a bow with adult supervision of course. It's funny because the first thing he says is, "Stay behind me grandpa."

Lots of fun in your future sir!

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Children are a blessing from the Lord. In my experience grandkids must be a triple blessing!

Randle

WKR
Congratsn , My first grandkid was a boy, he's now 19 and a great deer and elk hunting buddy
(When those pesky girlfriends arent around)

Wolfshead

FNG
Congratulations!
Grandchildren are so awesome!
Im not that far ahead of you. Our first Grandchild will be two in January and we just welcomed his little sister to the family on Thursday!
You are going to get that opportunity to experience everything for the first time, one more time! It is so wonderful!

peppy870

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not over 60, but my wife and I started right out of school. We just had grands #10 and #11 born! 8 girls and 3 boys from the 3 we raised! Nothing like them!