First lease

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
Just aquired 220 acres of ag field with river next to it for my first lease. Any suggestions are welcomed. Have hunted mulies and elk with success but the lease opportunity came up so thought we would try it. Thanks

1. Find their trails. From bedding type cover to the fields and any river crossings. Not sure how large a river you're talking.
2. Find pinch points. I'd look for a tight area where the river bends and decreases the amount of cover between the river and the open fields.
3. Watch from a distance and see how they are entering and exiting the fields. This may change throughout the year and depending on what is planted etc.

Good luck

LostArra

WKR
1. Find their trails. From bedding type cover to the fields and any river crossings. Not sure how large a river you're talking.
2. Find pinch points. I'd look for a tight area where the river bends and decreases the amount of cover between the river and the open fields.
3. Watch from a distance and see how they are entering and exiting the fields. This may change throughout the year and depending on what is planted etc.

Good luck

^^Good stuff
I would only add:
figure out how you will enter and exit the property to not blow out the deer based on different winds

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
I would get to know the farmer who is managing the land. Find out what their schedule looks like as far as harvest, next years crops etc. What they do with the farmland will have a big impact on your success. Make sure to let them know what your plans are, where your putting stands and cameras. Most farmers I know are more than happy to help out hunters if they are respectful to their land. Good luck

Laramie

WKR
Just aquired 220 acres of ag field with river next to it for my first lease. Any suggestions are welcomed. Have hunted mulies and elk with success but the lease opportunity came up so thought we would try it. Thanks
More information would really help you get better feedback. Where is this lease? How many hunters? Archery or rifle? Will the landowner allow food plots?