First Lite Solitude and Sanctuary Temperature Range?

First wanted to mention both the Solitude and Sanctuary are now available, as I was looking at the sites temperature range for both.

I know this has been discussed before as the difference between the two, but the way First Lite has them listed makes no sense.

Listed as such

Sanctuary Temp. Range
Below 20F
20F-45F

Solitude Temp. Range
Below 20F (stationary)
20F-45F
45F-60F

The ratings are the same except for the Solitude at 45F-60F, I'm sure they are taking layering into consideration. But thought it was a very a poor or misleading way of rating them, without more info?

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I've always been confused with their temp ratings. My personal experience with both is as such.

Solitude 10F-40F with proper layering at the low end and no layering at the top end
Sanctuary Below 0F-25F with proper layering at the low end and no layering at the top end. I've successfully wore the Sanctuary down to -22F with the layering needed for my body.

I have layered my solitude down to 15* or so. At 30* without layers I was cold After a while.

Not Vegan

FNG
Sanctuary 1.0 is good with no layering to 45 with minimal walking. Its breaths well or can be looked at as blocks 0 wind.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
The Solitude is good in my experience until about 20 with proper layering. Colder than that or in windy weather, I would want something different.

I struggled with the solitude under 30 with wind. That was with layers of 150, 250 and 350 merino. I'm sure I could have stretched it with insulated layers, but the whole reason I invested In heavy outer layer set was to minimize layers and bulk. Just my experience though.

My experiences were similar to Kbhillhunter's and reason why i invested in the sanctuary 2.0

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I struggled with the solitude under 30 with wind. That was with layers of 150, 250 and 350 merino. I'm sure I could have stretched it with insulated layers, but the whole reason I invested In heavy outer layer set was to minimize layers and bulk. Just my experience though.

First Lite's Achilles heel is wind. Nothing they have is good in windy conditions. I have a thin wind shirt that I wear under my Solitude on windy days that helps, but it's still annoying.

OP
L
My experiences were similar to Kbhillhunter's and reason why i invested in the sanctuary 2.0

Was going to get the Solitude also, but after Kbhillhunters response I decided just to go with the new Sanctuary 2.0 which is wind proof.

If he's getting cold in the Solitude at 30, and I'm cold natured,I'd definitely be cold, So my reasoning is using it at upper 30's or below, where at upper 30's no underlaying and adjusting under layers as it gets colder. As I would pack it in anyways, and I have other clothing for 40 and above, so will skip the Solitude for now, and for the reason I don't like underlaying anymore than I have too.