First Mountain Goat Hunt

What an awesome experience you had! That sure is some pretty country, and a big congrats on a hard-earned billy! I like how you included a picture of you kneeling down with your hand on the goat, offering your respects. I think it's too easy for us, myself included, to get caught up in the moment of success and start posing with the animal for victory shots. I always like seeing pictures of paying respect to your harvest.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Great mountain goat! All of my goat hunt stories usually entail bushwacking for hours through devils club and alders. Glad to see you got to skip some of that misery and just had the mountain to contend with. After reading this I might just have to go scout for goats this weekend.

Thanks for sharing. Great photos.
A goat hunt is a dream hunt for me, after reading your post, even more.

Decker9

WKR
Congratulations on a nice Nadina mountain billy!!! I flew around it a couple years ago and lost track of the goats we counted, it's definitely one if the most populated single mountains around here. Iv yet to hunt it, but have glassed it a lot while guiding bear and moose hunters for chad.

Maybe we'll meet in guide camp one day.

Enjoy the good eatin, in two weeks I'm hoping to be frying goat liver over the camp fire.

Cheers!

as.ks.ak

WKR
Just been reading stories getting back in to the pre-season goat preparations time and needed something to get the blood pumping again after I rough spring bear season. Great story and hunt man, thanks for sharing and taking the time to write that up!

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

OP
charvey9

charvey9

WKR
Just been reading stories getting back in to the pre-season goat preparations time and needed something to get the blood pumping again after I rough spring bear season. Great story and hunt man, thanks for sharing and taking the time to write that up!

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.

Thanks!

At this time last year I was eagerly anticipating this hunt, and the bump brings back some awesome memories. Hope I get to go again some day.

Nice one mate!
Goat meat is one of the most underrated out there I think.

You got that right! It's my family's favorite. We could have a freezer full of moose, caribou, blacktail, you name it, the goat meat is always the first to be cleaned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk