First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Fowl Play

WKR
Question for those talking about the for-end affecting offhand shooting? How do you guys shoot offhand? (Serious question)

I have always wrapped my arm in the sling and pulled it taught with my hand landing practically just in front of my scope.

Question for those talking about the for-end affecting offhand shooting? How do you guys shoot offhand? (Serious question)

I have always wrapped my arm in the sling and pulled it taught with my hand landing practically just in front of my scope.
I just place my support hand gripping under the forend, pulling it into my shoulder. Like shooting a shotgun or where your hand would be naturally if you didn’t do the sling wrap method.

amassi

WKR

Not by grabbing the tip of the forend haha
That one threw me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I really don't care either way. I never use a bipod, but often have a light on the forend when checking stock at night...but that's always with an AR. Voted B with the thought that the rail can be removed and the scallop won't bother me at all. It would be there if I ever desired to use it makes one less hole needed for a flush cup.

JFK

WKR
I voted A. Besides the fact that I the scallop looks like hell, those sharper edge profiles are more prone to ding and crack if it takes a hit there. Simple sling swivel would suffice with some structure in the fore end that allows people to attach a rail if they choose. Spartan bipod cup is what I run so that I can use a bipod if the shot allows but not tied up with a heavy, permanent thing on the gun.

Fowl Play

WKR
@Stockys can you share a example of what this stock would look like with the scallop minus a rail? I'm not sure I've seen one quite like it. Full stock great, example on a full rifle even better (even if a rendering). I just think allot of people are not going to use a rail, and aesthetics probably means more to them then many care to admit. Seeing the full picture would likely give you more accurate votes prior to you stepping into production. Hard to really tell what this thing would look like in reality.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Stockys can you share a example of what this stock would look like with the scallop minus a rail? I'm not sure I've seen one quite like it. Full stock great, example on a full rifle even better (even if a rendering). I just think allot of people are not going to use a rail, and aesthetics probably means more to them then many care to admit. Seeing the full picture would likely give you more accurate votes prior to you stepping into production. Hard to really tell what this thing would look like in reality.
I’m not sure how the forend will look exactly but this is an exclusive stock we do for a customer that has the scalloped forend

Attachments

• ED5F1AC5-CA7F-4A9E-9664-1E84D79A4019.jpeg
    ED5F1AC5-CA7F-4A9E-9664-1E84D79A4019.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 1B99A359-2A0E-45EC-BEE4-0D1A9832A658.jpeg
    1B99A359-2A0E-45EC-BEE4-0D1A9832A658.jpeg
    496.9 KB · Views: 255

aron

WKR
Is there a way to get B but a little more streamlined forearm similar to A?

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

mcr-85

WKR
I’m not sure how the forend will look exactly but this is an exclusive stock we do for a customer that has the scalloped forend
I like the looks of this version better than the original pic posted by Ryan. If it looks like this, my vote has changed from A to B.

ElPollo

WKR
My how these things do wander when they get to the committee stage. I think everyone agrees on shorter trigger reach and negative comb line. I’d like to see lines on the forearm and heel that are parallel to the bore. In my opinion, the options for attachments and flat vs round are secondary to that. I can attach a rail to just about anything if I want to.

Juan_ID

WKR
I’ve now changed my vote twice haha, I vote A with a (never thought I’d say this) more flat bottom. I don’t hunt with a bipod anymore and figure when I go to the range a swivel stud would more than suffice for my bipod attachment. So A, final answer.

TxLite

WKR
I like the looks of B but would prefer QD cups on the left side of the stock. I know that AG says with their Chalk Branch (similar scalloped design as B) you can't add side cups due to integrity concerns. If my choice is A with a side cup or B with no side cup, I'm going A and adding my own rail. When using a suppressor, having a rifle on a regular sling setup makes the entire rifle spin around on my shoulder as the weight of the scope and suppressor try to flip upside down. It drives me nuts. I ended up drilling my VG 2 and installing qd cups on the left side.

I may have missed it somewhere, but will these be inletted for rifles other than tikka? Specifically howa 1500/wby vanguard.

amassi

WKR
This is an alterra flush forend
7827546e27df0d42b47357e2d0310aad.jpg

And the sort of scallop I could get behind
It’s unobtrusive and doesn’t alter handling at all
It also, somehow, is the same weight as the non flush model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk