Firstlite At Brand New Scheels In Chandler AZ

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’m here at the new Scheels this morning doing some Christmas shopping with the family. Noticed they had a pretty good sized Firstlite section here and haven’t seen that at any other Scheels before.

IMG_5927.jpeg

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Scheel’s started carrying FL back in August. The Appleton, WI store had it on the shelves pretty quickly. Last time I was home it was pretty nice being able to physically compare Sitka and FL pieces instead of having to guess based on product specs.

nobody

WKR
The one in Utah has had it for a few months, I think they came in right before season? Not a huge fan of most of their stuff but I’ve handled a few pieces that gave me pause that I never would’ve even considered if it wasn’t for the fact that I could find them in store.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yeahhhhhh... how about a picture of the powder/primer selection?

Now that's something we'd like to know
Thought guys might be interested. I don’t really wear much from them but it’s nice to check clothing out in person versus buying and returning.

Interesting. I remember way back in the day FL was at our local sporting goods and I always appreciated trying on sizes. Would love to see them back in stores.

I’m here at the new Scheels this morning doing some Christmas shopping with the family. Noticed they had a pretty good sized Firstlite section here and haven’t seen that at any other Scheels before.

View attachment 635532
All Scheels started carrying them back in August-September. We are the only retailer that carries them at the moment. I don’t think they have any plans to expand to other retailers atm but I could be wrong.

All Scheels started carrying them back in August-September. We are the only retailer that carries them at the moment. I don’t think they have any plans to expand to other retailers atm but I could be wrong.
Interesting - I thought FL's thing was that they only sold direct. No complaints, makes it easier for those of us not near ID to see stuff in person.

pirogue

WKR
Sounds like you are an employee. Great store. But I do have a tip that management/purchasing could follow up on, and that is applying pressure to one of their vendors. Can’t speak for all stores, but the Chandler store has quite a bit of floor space devoted to Mag-View(for digiscoping). Since September, or before, when the Apple IPhone 15 came out, MagView has STILL not improved thier app to accommodate the IPhone 15. Worse yet, MagView keeps telling thier customers it will be a couple more weeks, and then a couple more weeks, etc. I’m sure there are plenty vendors who deserve floor and shelf space more than MagView, and thier intern developers.

Sounds like you are an employee. Great store. But I do have a tip that management/purchasing could follow up on, and that is applying pressure to one of their vendors. Can’t speak for all stores, but the Chandler store has quite a bit of floor space devoted to Mag-View(for digiscoping). Since September, or before, when the Apple IPhone 15 came out, MagView has STILL not improved thier app to accommodate the IPhone 15. Worse yet, MagView keeps telling thier customers it will be a couple more weeks, and then a couple more weeks, etc. I’m sure there are plenty vendors who deserve floor and shelf space more than MagView, and thier intern developers.
I am but I don’t work in Chandler or run the optics shop at any stores. If you’ve contacted Magview and don’t feel like you’re getting anywhere maybe talk to the optics manager at Chandler. Magview may have a paid endcap for our optics shop so that may be why they take up so much space, I do know they sell very well so we keep good inventory of it. We carry phonescope and some cheaper alternatives as well. What’s the issue with the new 15? I have a 13 pro and use a magview on my ATC and it just seems ok. I wanna try Ollin as I’ve heard good things about them. Scheels doesnt carry Ollin.

Smooch

FNG
Got the Sanctuary bibs and coat for Christmas. It feels like it will be super warm!

I ordered $600 worth of First Lite clothing for myself for Christmas. I returned everything but some Merino accessories and suspenders. The two pairs of sawbuck brush pants I ordered were in fusion and brown. They were different materials/thicknesses and cuts….lector different styles. I had heard they run a little long, and I can live with anything 32-34” in inseam. One of these was about a 36-37” inseam, and the other pair was even longer. The Catalyst Softshell stuff was like UPF50 fishing shirt material. Not in any way useful for hunting outside of a Panamanian jungle. It was such a letdown and disappointment, compared to all the other brands I have stuff from….Sitka, Kuiu, Skre, etc…..and even though Cabelas has gone south since BP bought them, some of their stuff is better than what I ordered. I guess it’s fair to say I’m bashing a bit, but after all I’d seen/heard, maybe my expectations were far overblown vs the $ for their stuff?