Fishing pole

OldGrayJB

WKR
Moonshine Rods Rambler series. I haven't used one but it's a very nice looking 2 piece graphite rod with a rod tube and a lifetime warranty for $179.

I had the Daiwa Spinmatic all last summer, a step down from the Presso it seems. Used it a bunch around town and a couple times backpacking. Can't complain, seems to be well made. Paired it with a Okuma Ceymar C-20 or C-30, can't remember off the top of my head which size.

Caught this cutty at 6500' with that setup.

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 20

Travis907

WKR
Look at the Enigma Fishing
Pack Master Series - Spinning Rod, I have one and it’s an awesome backpacking rod. Put a decent spinning reel on it and you will have a great combo!

Depending on what sort of fishing you plan on doing you may want to sacrifice casting for packability and weight savings, consider a tenkara rod. Just a thought as I know a lot of folks aren’t familiar with tenkara.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Moonshine Rods Rambler series. I haven't used one but it's a very nice looking 2 piece graphite rod with a rod tube and a lifetime warranty for $179.
I have one of those, its ok but it would be nicer if they made it in 4 piece for packing in.