Cancun fishing advice

I'm going to just south of Cancun for 6 days in March on a couples trip with my wife and our friends (military guy and teacher). Looking to do some fishing while there and wondering if anyone has one advice on who to head out with down there. Just want to spend a half day or full day on the water fishing or spearfishing!

Let me know if you have been down there and recommend anyone!

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to just south of Cancun for 6 days in March on a couples trip with my wife and our friends (military guy and teacher). Looking to do some fishing while there and wondering if anyone has one advice on who to head out with down there. Just want to spend a half day or full day on the water fishing or spearfishing! Hdbd

Let me know if you have been down there and recommend anyone!Llast summer, fished with this group on the recommendation of a friend
Last summer, I flyfished for baby tarpon with this service on the recommendation of a friend. From what I can tell, this is more of a booking service that sets you up with guides on their list versus a stand alone outfitter. The action was steady and we had a ton of shots. I only got two to the boat because my friend could not cast in the wind at all and I would let him take all the shots for hours on end between catching my fish. It was a ton of fun to see these 8-15 lb fish cruising out of the mangroves to feed and then make a torpedo wake to slam your fly if you could just land it within 10 yards or so (easier said than done). They tail walked and ran just like their bigger 100 lb brothers. I’d do it again in a heartbeat and pay twice the rate.

I was staying in Playa Mujeres which is north of Cancun so they may not be an option but it’s worth giving them a call. They may have some guides working south of town. I couldn’t believe how cheap it was compared to back in the states. Something like $425 for a full day of flats fishing with the guide poling and spotting fish for you. Casting the longer distance out there was brutal and if fly fishing, I would recommend you do a good bit of practice slinging some heavy flies at least 60 feet on a 9 weight to get ready.

Dos XX

WKR
See if Pesca Maya will do a day trip. It is a bit of a drive but they might shuttle you.