FJ Cruiser thoughts?

OP
W

wyosteve

WKR
Well, the decision was made for me. The one I was interested in sold this afternoon. Was a 2007 with 145,000 miles. Same owner since 2008. $17,000. Thanks for all the info everyone!

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
Funny this threaded popped up, was just talking to some friends today saying i wouldn’t mind to have one of these for a play vehicle

Ucsdryder

WKR
They’re crazy expensive. That’s the main issue I think for a dedicated hunting rig.

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I'd get a 100 Series LC way before I even entertained getting an FJ. I look at them as the bastard child of the Land Cruiser line.

I wanted one badly for a while. Just as they discontinued them so the used market went crazy. Ended up with a Jeep JKU. Look into 4 runners of the same age. Not a lot different as far as engine, powertrain and a better value IMO.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
We have one, a white 2012, it's a pretty good 4x4 for what it is. I'm 6'4" and it's comfortable to drive, nice riding vehicle. The back seat is small but ok for occasional use, the rear has a good bit of room and there's always the roof rack. The Mrs got a new car last week, trying to convince her to sell the FJ but I think she intends to give to her son...

We bought a 2011 FJ and drove it for 7 years. Sold it at 118000 miles. Not one issue with the truck except having to replace the windshield ……. If you can find a good example with no rust and maintenance history, buy it. We loved ours, traded for a 4 Runner but miss the FJ….. Drove well on the mountain trails and on the interstate highways at 80 mph……. Not a perfect design, but now a cult Vechicle with good retention of value……..

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 2

DWinVA

WKR
My 2007 is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Just passed 200,000 a few months ago. All true about blind spots, back seat, etc. I grew up on a farm and know how to use mirrors and it's just the wife and I so the back seats are not an issue. Actually, I removed them a couple years ago, more useful space w/o them. Mine has been used hard and just keeps on going.

God Bless.

handwerk

WKR
I sure like mine (2007), you don't "need" to use premium fuel and even lifted with an ARB bumper I get 17-20 MPG, not so bad for such a capable vehicle. Love the rubber floors and the concerns over blind spots are overblown once you get used to them.
FJ1.jpg

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I sure like mine (2007), you don't "need" to use premium fuel and even lifted with an ARB bumper I get 17-20 MPG, not so bad for such a capable vehicle. Love the rubber floors and the concerns over blind spots are overblown once you get used to them.
View attachment 572889
That's a nice rig, I really don't think you can beat them for a legit 4x4 and off road vehicle with "hard cabin enclosure". I'd like to keep ours and lift it and puts some 33s on it but I have a 4x4 truck and don't really have a place to use it.