Mathews Lift

Shoot a v3. Know that if I shoot a lift Im likely going to buy one. Been avoiding it. they look awesome, are lighter, faster, smoother, and more adjustable than my bow.

Can relate. Was in the bow shop to pick up replacement limbs for my bowtech backup bow last week. Lots of new eye candy on the shelves and I made sure to GTFO without shooting anything because I don't need that temptation.

fatlander

WKR
Shoot a v3. Know that if I shoot a lift Im likely going to buy one. Been avoiding it. they look awesome, are lighter, faster, smoother, and more adjustable than my bow.

It’s definitely lighter.

Not sure it’s anymore adjustable than your V3. . . The lift still uses top hats and switch weight cams just like your V3.

The lift 33 and v3 31 are 1 fps different per Mathew’s and the lift hasn’t been close to hitting its spec on any review I’ve seen.

If the lift is in fact faster, it’s not going to be smoother. There’s no free lunch. Speed has to come from somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-TRAIN

WKR
I shot a lift 33 and really liked it, I ordered one, but it will be awhile before I get it because I am a south paw.
I got the Ambush green, 75# mods, 28" draw on order.
I haven't had a Mathews bow since 2010.
I have, love, and am still keeping a PSE Fortis 33 with S2 cams and a Bowtech Revolt-X.

I shoot the Revolt-X in performance, it is slightly easier drawing than the PSE S2 cam, but slower.
Some feel that both of these bows have pretty aggressive draw cycles, but they don't bother me, I am used to it I guess.

To me the the Lift 33 I shot at 70#, was easier to draw from a stiffness perspective, with a smother cycle, than my other 2 bows (I shoot them at 72#). I liked the back wall also, think it will be a great shooter, but a little slower than my other 2 bows.

Reactions: AG8
OP
A

AG8

Lil-Rokslider
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lift today. Thanks everyone for your input!

Also, just an fyi on the inventory/lead time situation as of today, I picked up one that was in stock, however there was another customer in the shop at the same time doing a specific order for one, and his delivery date was third week of June…

sndmn11

WKR
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Lift today. Thanks everyone for your input!

Also, just an fyi on the inventory/lead time situation as of today, I picked up one that was in stock, however there was another customer in the shop at the same time doing a specific order for one, and his delivery date was third week of June…

You eluded to using a range in CO, is that where you are? If so, what shop did you go to?

flyboy214

FNG
For those with a V3 31 and who also tried the lift how do they compare? Are the actual speeds similar at the same draw weight & draw length. What about Balance and all that?

I'm on a kill streak with my V3 and it isn't going anywhere, but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out. I personally shy away from the bridge lock Stabilizer system. It seems unnecessary.

Gold54bs

Lil-Rokslider
I have been shooting one for a month or two now, love the weight of it I have shot a lot of Vegas faces with 85% mods and it was steady, not as steady as I hoped but I just switched to 80% and messed with the stabilizer configuration which should calm it down. The draw cycle was rough compared to my hoyt but now I’m use to it and it feels easy. My set up is 6.5lbs for hunting with 5 arrows in the quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axlrod

WKR
For those with a V3 31 and who also tried the lift how do they compare? Are the actual speeds similar at the same draw weight & draw length. What about Balance and all that?

I'm on a kill streak with my V3 and it isn't going anywhere, but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out. I personally shy away from the bridge lock Stabilizer system. It seems unnecessary.
I have a V3 and shot the lift last week. I really liked the lift, but I didn't shoot them side by side. I usually keep a bow 7+ years but this one is tempting.
Have a buddy that went from a 1 YO Hoyt carbon to the lift this week. Says he shoots it a lot better.

ATL

FNG
I replaced a 2016 Halon 6 with the Lift 29.5. I did it mainly to reduce weight for the long hikes I need to take while hunting, and hopefully pick up a few fps to compensate for my short draw (27”). I liked the dimensions on the Halon, so figured the Lift would be a good replacement for me.

I installed a Hamskea Everest rest, and overall tuning went as planned. The Lift modules seem closer to actual draw length than the Halon. After a few rounds I was use to the draw and hard rear wall. On day of setup I was shooting the Lift as well as I did the Halon to 50 yards. Easy transition so far. At the same approximate poundage and draw length as the Halon, I picked up 5-6 fps.

I also like the fact I can switch from 70 lbs. by changing modules. As I get older, I have a feeling the day is coming that I will need to drop bow poundage. The Lift’s SWX Cam makes that easy and cheap.

It was bitter sweet replacing the Halon as I really enjoyed the bow, and had many good hunts with it. But I look forward to hunting with the Lift for many years.

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
I’m waiting for my Lift 29 w 75# 85% mods. Has anyone shot both the 80 and 85% let offs back to back? I’ve read earlier comments around this but looking for more data, thinking I should order the 80% mod too.

largerack

FNG

Probably a good choice. I ordered mine in November and still haven't even gotten an update on ETA since then. And this is from a shop that I know has at least 40-50 "custom" orders in by end of November. My custom order is just earth riser with black limbs with the normal black string. I don't want 70# 85% letoff, but that's what I ordered to get it sooner and still haven't heard shit yet.

I ordered a lefty 33 stock in earth. I got word that it would be in next week. Hold out hope! I also ordered some 80% mods that should be arriving at the same time. I paid for this thing before the bow even launched, my shop does way more Hoyt so I think Mathews does not prioritize his orders as much, but at last the wait was worth it... I hope!

ejm3

FNG
I have seen a few SW Mathew’s derail, but haven't seen anything different with the new X cam. Guys go to let down and torque the crap out of the bow, with the high letoff it snaps the draw closed on them and off the cam.

I have seen it happen with Hoyt and Elite too, but definitely more prevalent with the SW on Mathew’s in my opinion. Operator error, but possibly a design that is easier to do with.
I had this happen at TAC last year, I shoot a V3. Our group finished a course and the "finisher" sign was in a sandy area. I had used my bow as a stand for my phone to take a self timed group picture, and when I picked it back up there was a ton of sand in the cam. No big deal, I'll just do a controlled draw and let down to clear some of it up. Ended up not focusing on my draw as much as a normal shot and was just worried about not dry firing, and I must have torqued it too much and had the string derail. Thankfully I wasn't at full draw and it didn't damage the string so the Lancaster truck was able to get me up and running again.

Stupid mistake and very clearly operator error as you mentioned above, but I still couldn't believe how easy it derailed. Seems like something that could be fixed with a better design.

I had this happen at TAC last year, I shoot a V3. Our group finished a course and the "finisher" sign was in a sandy area. I had used my bow as a stand for my phone to take a self timed group picture, and when I picked it back up there was a ton of sand in the cam. No big deal, I'll just do a controlled draw and let down to clear some of it up. Ended up not focusing on my draw as much as a normal shot and was just worried about not dry firing, and I must have torqued it too much and had the string derail. Thankfully I wasn't at full draw and it didn't damage the string so the Lancaster truck was able to get me up and running again.

Stupid mistake and very clearly operator error as you mentioned above, but I still couldn't believe how easy it derailed. Seems like something that could be fixed with a better design.

Anything in the groove will derail it. It could be if you had a clump of sand it lifted the fiber bundle out of the groove, or you torqued it.

One bow I have so far personally derailed was letting down and a twig got between the cam and the string, jumped the string right out of the track.

I also derailed one checking timing. I wasn't using a drawboard, just had a hanging hook that I used to hold the string and used a hand right below each limb pocket to pull it down. Don't know how many times I have done it that way, hundreds, possibly in the thousands. Must have slightly twisted the riser when I was letting it up.

Luckily neither resulted in any damages. I don't remember even needing to fix serving.

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
Been shooting the lift 33 for a few weeks now. Love it, shoots great. I did try a few other stabilizer options, a full cutter set up, and also my bee stinger. Immediately i felt more hand vibrations with the other stabilizers, couldn’t believe it. Talked to the cutter guys and they said they have had a few other customers with the lift complain about hand vibration when switching. I switched back to the bridgelock and it was back to being minimal vibration and dead. It seems like Mathews really designed this new bow around that bridgelock system, and they claim it dampens it 35 percent more than other stabilizers. Really wanted to run the cutters but I pulled the trigger on the bridgelocks just because it felt so much better. A very light fast bow, tougher to dampen. But with the bride lock it def calms it down to a sweet shooter. Didnt want to spend the money but decided too. Just my experience.

Have had my new Lift 33 for about a month and a half now. Love it over the Halon 32 i upgraded from.

180ls1

WKR
I wish they would make a longer version for those of us who prefer a longer bow. This would be sweet in 36" or so.

I picked up my Lift 33 about 3 weeks ago. I love it so far, really smooth and no vibration. It feels way more comfortable than the V3 I was shooting.